Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Select Maxi3

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 106,108  ·  Replies: 307 
> Racing Lagoon, old drifting PSX game
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 01:37 PM

Move it, bucko

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,311

I might have missed the 20V 4AG...also I'm using emulation so that MAY be the issue along with the fact that the D-pad on this Logitech controller is a little worn down.

And I feel like an ass now for getting the 1JZ.
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 5 2010, 04:16 PM

¥5000 GET !!

Member No.: 8,897

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
I might have missed the 20V 4AG...also I'm using emulation so that MAY be the issue along with the fact that the D-pad on this Logitech controller is a little worn down.

And I feel like an ass now for getting the 1JZ.

The only 280HP engines good for most of the game are the RB26 and 13B (there's the B13T-280). JZ takes WAY too long to level in comparison. There is the Subaru EJ, but that's pretty useless on the Wangan (low top speed). A good early engine that take to power well but has low top speed is the 2JZ-GE.

I hope you got the Venus&Mars twin turbo from Tsujimoto's 180SX. If not, I HIGHLY suggest you start over. Best early upgrade hands down. Even earlier than that is the Suicide turbo from Ishikawa's upgraded Integra, good for a quick boost early on in the game. If you haven't figured out turbo tuning yet, use Lo-Comp -1 to get the most out of it (I think it's a low-compression piston upgrade).

This post has been edited by Hachi_Roku on Oct 5 2010, 04:16 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 06:56 PM

Move it, bucko

I just started the game though. I don't think I got the option to race Tsujimoto (I may have skipped it though). I'm on the 2nd night right now.

Also I get lost a lot in the city. The map is helpful sometimes but I forget where certain landmarks like the tuneshop are.

I will get the turbos when I can. The thing I have the most problem with is cornering. E-brake turns are tough for me because I usually end up hitting the wall. Thankfully sometimes I never allow room for my opponent to pass (if it's a narrow course like Graveyard Downhill and I get ahead they usually never make it because they risk hitting my rear and getting pushed back)

That's another cool strategy by the way: If you pull in front of an opponent and tap them, they get SHOVED back. Makes you lose some speed but it's effective.

Oh yeah, I noticed you don't always lose parts from losing battles. Is that random or is it based on whether or not you gave up or lost outright?

And one last thing. The chicken races. When I watched a run on Nicovideo they looked ridiculously easy. Are they? It seems like the AI freaks out even if you don't hang over the edge.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 5 2010, 07:07 PM
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 5 2010, 08:13 PM

¥5000 GET !!

You're close. 3rd Night for the Suicide turbos, go to Honmoku, make SURE your car is fast enough since both Ishikawa and his brother in the EK are FAST single gear cars now, even tougher considering that you're running Honmoku in reverse and there's long straights. I THINK it's 4th or 6th for Tsujimoto, same place, same prep, just faster.You CAN still get the 20V 4AG I think, it's the sky blue VW Bug (CoroCoro-111), but at that point there are better engine choices like the 3S-GE.

It's not that hard for me to find spots, since I usually visit them often, always remember that you can get to the tuneshop be going towards the south end of the map. I think on 2nd night, you can face your girlfriend in the Mini, and Yamada in his EK.

Turn a bit early, and continue using the e-brake like you usually do and use the bounce from the wall to complete the drift, loss in speed bouncing off the wall justifies it compared to actually slowing down. Once you hit Hakone this becomes less of an issue because the roads are mysteriously wide enough to complete somewhat clean drifts.

Avoid twisty courses if you can (ie. Graveyard). Stay in Yamashita (best if you don't start on the long straight or you might get beat in a drag race to the corner), SYK Main, Stadium, or BigWheel Street. Once you get in front, stay there, and block them the rest of the way if you know they're faster than you.

Parts are random loss, but there are "popular" parts that AI's love to take like ECU's (Autobahn, and DRAG-ECU) and less often tires. Stock up.

Early on, chicken races are HELL without having the manual transmission part to limit speed (yes, you have to buy MT), because early brakes really suck. Those players on NV have the best brakes in the game that let you go from 300-0 in like 200-300 feet, either PRO-STOP or IronCrow. Once you gain access to North Yokohama, you can go over there to win races from the in-house team (and meet an American). The AI freaks out like that automatically.

Later factor for tuning is getting HiCams (camshafts). These WILL bump your power like nothing, usually 25-50% better than a turbo.

I've beaten the game twice, and picked up on a lot of this, even if I didn't understand the Japanese (understood the story).

EDIT: went to NicoVideo, and found a guy who did a walkthrough of sorts. I hated his setup, but it was fast.

This post has been edited by Hachi_Roku on Oct 5 2010, 08:48 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 6 2010, 05:13 AM

Move it, bucko

Yeah, the Nicovideo walkthrough is interesting. He picks the truck/bus bodies later on sometimes and even does the Bay Lagoon Tower escape sequence with the truck body equipped along with Aero-C, which results in a lot of wall hits and somehow he manages to escape at the end with the timer at around 2 seconds. Those bodies are EXTREMELY obscuring and they are probably heavy and I can't see myself using them. He also uses the Zeta2400/240Z body sometimes which leads to many "Devil Z wwwwww" comments on the video laugh.gif

Also, the bus looks like a Pikachu from the back with the bosozoku kit equipped. tongue.gif

I saw the VW bug with the 20v engine once and I didn't get it because my RP wasn't enough. I'll try looking for it again. Also, I noticed the course direction depends on which way you are on the road when you challenge someone. I should take that into consideration when challenging on Yamashita because if I start from the straight that usually means a loss since my engine sucks.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 6 2010, 05:15 AM
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 6 2010, 06:47 AM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 1 hour, 33 minutes ago)
Yeah, the Nicovideo walkthrough is interesting. He picks the truck/bus bodies later on sometimes and even does the Bay Lagoon Tower escape sequence with the truck body equipped along with Aero-C, which results in a lot of wall hits and somehow he manages to escape at the end with the timer at around 2 seconds. Those bodies are EXTREMELY obscuring and they are probably heavy and I can't see myself using them. He also uses the Zeta2400/240Z body sometimes which leads to many "Devil Z wwwwww" comments on the video laugh.gif

Also, the bus looks like a Pikachu from the back with the bosozoku kit equipped. tongue.gif

I saw the VW bug with the 20v engine once and I didn't get it because my RP wasn't enough. I'll try looking for it again. Also, I noticed the course direction depends on which way you are on the road when you challenge someone. I should take that into consideration when challenging on Yamashita because if I start from the straight that usually means a loss since my engine sucks.

For easy RP go challenge the dark brown Dark2-2000 (Toyota MarkII). It's a slow car, and is an easy 3500RP. Also, get 10,000 RP and go to Wakaba Bank. Go to RP Banking, and drop that 10,000 in Win Rate investment. If you keep a decent unbeaten streak, you'll have 30,000 RP in 3 nights.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 6 2010, 07:02 AM

Move it, bucko

I'll make sure to do that.

Kind of sad this game never got a US release or a translation patch yet. There is a full English text set in the game. The only thing is some of the "poems" that come up in the dialogue when you park at places may sound weird translated.

EDIT: Went back and played some more. The turning early trick worked well. I also noticed something: The automatic transmission still allows you to shift up/down with the triggers. A bit useful sometimes.

Also I beat a Camaro on Yamashita street that was way more powerful than I was, got ahead after he lost speed in the turn and passed him with about 200m to go. w00t2.gif

Going to find the tuneshop then I'm going to search for that brown car and the 20V 4AG.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 6 2010, 04:57 PM
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 6 2010, 05:53 PM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ Today, 8:02 AM)
I'll make sure to do that.

Kind of sad this game never got a US release or a translation patch yet. There is a full English text set in the game. The only thing is some of the "poems" that come up in the dialogue when you park at places may sound weird translated.

EDIT: Went back and played some more. The turning early trick worked well. I also noticed something: The automatic transmission still allows you to shift up/down with the triggers. A bit useful sometimes.

Also I beat a Camaro on Yamashita street that was way more powerful than I was, got ahead after he lost speed in the turn and passed him with about 200m to go. w00t2.gif

Going to find the tuneshop then I'm going to search for that brown car and the 20V 4AG.

Manumatic is critical for downshifting after a sharp turn. No point in letting the revs stay 1 gear lower than it should be.

Easy way to find the tuneshop is that it's near the area closest to the lone point on a straight on the south end of the map. You're lucky that the other 2 world map tuneshops are easy to find (there are 2 more, but one is accessible as soon as you get to a certain point in the game, and another where you MUST lose a certain Taiman battle to gain access to, and you WILL want to lose!).
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 7 2010, 03:08 PM

Move it, bucko

I found the tuneshop easily now. I need to find a better engine than the 1JZ though. The 20V 4AG sounds cool but I cannot for the life of me find that VW Beetle...
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 7 2010, 06:03 PM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 2 hours, 55 minutes ago)
I found the tuneshop easily now. I need to find a better engine than the 1JZ though. The 20V 4AG sounds cool but I cannot for the life of me find that VW Beetle...

If you're on an emulator and have access to all parts, just get the RB26. If not, sky blue car.

I don't think the 1JZ is accessible at your point in the game though...

This post has been edited by Hachi_Roku on Oct 7 2010, 06:03 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 8 2010, 07:05 PM

Move it, bucko

Alright, went back, did a few things, and I got the Hi-Comp part which adds a lot of power. Lost my Power Intake in a battle though and the tuneshop doesn't sell them anymore.

I decided to take a snapshot of what my car currently has. Also, I noticed the Trueno body has the "Redline" tail lights instead of the ones the Levin has.

Can't find the Beetle though. I think I missed my chance sad.gif

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 8 2010, 07:05 PM
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 9 2010, 06:20 AM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ Yesterday, 8:05 PM)
Alright, went back, did a few things, and I got the Hi-Comp part which adds a lot of power. Lost my Power Intake in a battle though and the tuneshop doesn't sell them anymore.

I decided to take a snapshot of what my car currently has. Also, I noticed the Trueno body has the "Redline" tail lights instead of the ones the Levin has.

Can't find the Beetle though. I think I missed my chance  sad.gif

That F1-G (it basically precedes the JZ in real life) is a bad motor, and you got it off that dark brown car I mentioned. If you're still in 2nd night, it should still be around, otherwise, stick it out until the next night over so you can get the 200HP 3S-GE off a black Celica rolling around.

Don't worry about losing PowerIntake. Some cars at that point have the EmeraldFlow, which is one of the best filters out there for a long while. However, you won't be using that very long once you get the LoComp and start turbo tuning (you can use more than one turbo at a time, and my setup had like 7 of them in total).

This post has been edited by Hachi_Roku on Oct 9 2010, 06:20 AM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 9 2010, 06:36 AM

Move it, bucko

7 turbos...dear god, I can't imagine a real car having those. Although the Veyron had like 6...

I'll go look for the Beetle again and then I'll find the Celica next night. I forgot what I do during the 2nd night, I think it's the Taiman battle that causes Sawaki or whoever the white S14 guy is to crash.

Actually, there sometimes are red Celicas roaming around on the 2nd night, but I don't think they're the 3S-GE ones.

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 9 2010, 07:07 AM
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 9 2010, 04:37 PM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ Today, 7:36 AM)
7 turbos...dear god, I can't imagine a real car having those. Although the Veyron had like 6...

I'll go look for the Beetle again and then I'll find the Celica next night. I forgot what I do during the 2nd night, I think it's the Taiman battle that causes Sawaki or whoever the white S14 guy is to crash.

Actually, there sometimes are red Celicas roaming around on the 2nd night, but I don't think they're the 3S-GE ones.

That's the 3S-FE, not worth it either. 3rd night is a GOOD time to go to Honmoku, I think that's Ishikawa's night that he gets an upgrade to his Integra.

I highly suggest you get to around 195 HP and do some UnOfficial Races at Spencer's Test Course. the 200HP race gets you an ECU that's one of the best until the least third of the game.

This post has been edited by Hachi_Roku on Oct 9 2010, 04:38 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 9 2010, 04:56 PM

Move it, bucko

What engine should I try to go for since the one I have sucks? Should I just get the 20V or some other suitable engine like an SR20?

Going to be hard to hit 195...

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on Oct 9 2010, 04:56 PM
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 9 2010, 05:05 PM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 9 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
What engine should I try to go for since the one I have sucks? Should I just get the 20V or some other suitable engine like an SR20?

Going to be hard to hit 195...

20V will do until you can get the 3S. failing that, get the B16A off of a white Civic rolling around. The SR20 is REALLY slow accelerating.

195 is reachable with the 20V or B16, go buy a BoreUp 100 and use your Hicomp, those combined with a couple of other parts should be enough.

If you're short on cash, trade your RP in for Yen at the bank.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 9 2010, 05:14 PM

Move it, bucko

Okay, cool.

By the way...I watched the playthrough and is there anything you can do after you beat the game? I think it lets you save a clear game save but I doubt there's much you can do after that.
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 9 2010, 06:39 PM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 1 hour, 25 minutes ago)
Okay, cool.

By the way...I watched the playthrough and is there anything you can do after you beat the game? I think it lets you save a clear game save but I doubt there's much you can do after that.

Not really, it punts you back to the night before the end of the game so you can continue racing.
StReEtWaLkeR
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 08:51 PM

Married to Jessica Alba

Member No.: 3,255

I am looking forward to buy a copy on ebay wink2.gif
PandaApex
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 04:49 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,092

Just started playing this game, still on first night. I been trying to find the 20v 4AG swap but keep running into Nissans and Hondas. Ended up skipping a BA16 and R20-LB engine choices.
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 12 2010, 05:08 PM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (PandaApex @ 18 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
Just started playing this game, still on first night. I been trying to find the 20v 4AG swap but keep running into Nissans and Hondas. Ended up skipping a BA16 and R20-LB engine choices.

How many times can i say it? LIGHT BLUE CAR. It's like the ONLY one on the first night. Just cruise around and you'll find it eventually, many cars follow a linear pattern that eventually routes to Bay-Lagoon Street, so you could wait at the wharf if you're patient.

The best alternative to the 20V would be the B16, but the 20V is a bit quicker and is a 6-speed.

This post has been edited by Hachi_Roku on Oct 12 2010, 05:08 PM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 06:39 PM

Move it, bucko

Does the Beetle only appear on the first night or does it come up during the second night too?

I might look around for it, thanks for the tip on following them.
PandaApex
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 07:43 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Hachi_Roku @ 2 hours, 35 minutes ago)
How many times can i say it? LIGHT BLUE CAR. It's like the ONLY one on the first night. Just cruise around and you'll find it eventually, many cars follow a linear pattern that eventually routes to Bay-Lagoon Street, so you could wait at the wharf if you're patient.

The best alternative to the 20V would be the B16, but the 20V is a bit quicker and is a 6-speed.

(Un)Fortunately, I get to redo the whole entire prologue due to the Emu I was using failing to save my data. Also, I was surprised at how many cars in the first night had MT trans o.o
Hachi_Roku
  Posted: Oct 12 2010, 09:54 PM

¥5000 GET !!

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ 3 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Does the Beetle only appear on the first night or does it come up during the second night too?

I might look around for it, thanks for the tip on following them.

IIRC, it was 1st and 2nd. the 20V is called the G-4A 111 in the game. The Beetle with the 20V is appropriately called the CoroCoro-111.

This post has been edited by Hachi_Roku on Oct 12 2010, 09:54 PM
PandaApex
Posted: Oct 12 2010, 10:01 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Hachi_Roku @ 7 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
IIRC, it was 1st and 2nd. the 20V is called the G-4A 111 in the game. The Beetle with the 20V is appropriately called the CoroCoro-111.

It was convinently one of the first cars I raced on my restart. It put my engine only 3 points behind my chassis and body parts. Now my Levin is at 184.9PS@7500RPM and weighs 939KG on First Night xD~!

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »