Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Take Me Back to Tokyo

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,721  ·  Replies: 63 
> Final Battle [fanfic], FC3S vs FD3S vs AE86 vs GC8V
tiQlado
Posted: Aug 18 2007, 08:30 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,504

I would agree. I think that for anyone, fictional character or not, if they go with everything they've got to achieve their goals, some good turn would come out of it somehow. yes.gif

Huzzah for Ryousuke and GodSight!!
Tofuboi
Posted: Aug 18 2007, 10:29 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 7,759

That story was one of the best I've read! Well done!!!

I would SO love to see that made into a final ending initial d movie i tell ya!
kamotekid
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 03:14 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 11,290

loved your fanfic but i've just one question... what's the chalk for?
thx712517
  Posted: Aug 19 2007, 04:48 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

Must racers will use chalk to mark the sidewall of the tire and run a few tests and see how far the tire is rolling over by looking at the chalk marks. They then adjust their tire pressure accordingly. However, since Bunta never took a practice run in the Impreza, who knows? It could have been for his hands to keep them dry so they wouldn't stick on the wheel.
kamotekid
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 06:40 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 11,290

oh well i guess that's okay, at least now i know where the chalk goes in. smile.gif
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 08:40 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

ive thought about this, did bunta lose on purpose? sure he did let go of throttle a bit but ryosuke won by 1cm. did he do that to avoid a tie?
thx712517
  Posted: Aug 19 2007, 09:14 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Now that's the fun thing about being the author. Even I don't know for sure. He thinks about telling Takumi that he let off the throttle too much and let Ryosuke win, but reconsidered. Ryosuke believes he won, and Bunta didn't make any claims to the contrary. But from Bunta's point of view, his opponent had to destroy his car in order to win by a single centimeter. I think if I were Godsight I would be comfortable with that kind of race. And as Bunta said, he was just trying to shake off some rust.

So who knows? I'd love to hear your interpretations of it.
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 12:21 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Today at 1:14 PM)
Now that's the fun thing about being the author. Even I don't know for sure. He thinks about telling Takumi that he let off the throttle too much and let Ryosuke win, but reconsidered. Ryosuke believes he won, and Bunta didn't make any claims to the contrary. But from Bunta's point of view, his opponent had to destroy his car in order to win by a single centimeter. I think if I were Godsight I would be comfortable with that kind of race. And as Bunta said, he was just trying to shake off some rust.

So who knows? I'd love to hear your interpretations of it.

well i dont think bunta had too much rust to shake off. but then again bunta isnt one to sacrifice the car just to win a race.
pnoytecknix
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 07:16 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

its split for me... sure ryosuke crossed the finish line first but just barely due to his kamikaze effort. i personally wouldnt call that a victory, but they did say it was a death match and first to cross wins bottom line. also, he made bunta open his eyes even if just for a moment. thats saying something about his skills.
i guess its a win-win. bunta doesnt get smoked, and ryosuke attains his goal of defeating Godsight, even if by just a centimeter. He can move on to the next chapter in his life in the medical field w/o regrets/etc.
i really cant decide, but i really like this ending. its satisfying... i wouldnt mind if ID really ended like this, or this happened near the end.

long stoory short, great job thx712517!
red comet 7
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 09:46 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

!!!!!!SUGEI!!! w00t2.gif or however the japanese say it! LMAO

simply awesome dude...initial d needs to end like this for real....
pnoytecknix
Posted: Aug 20 2007, 09:32 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

^sugoi... n i agree with u on the end part
tiQlado
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 10:45 AM

IDW Expert Member

Dude, this deserves to be posted elsewhere to promote more Ini-D goodness. I do hope you consider that. yes.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Aug 23 2007, 12:08 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

After I make the tweaks you and I talked about, where else is there to post it?
tiQlado
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 12:50 PM

IDW Expert Member

Well, there's ffnet [www.fanfiction.net] and mediaminer.org, off the top of my head (and google wink2.gif ). These are kinda prominent. Can't recall the other sites. I'm sure other folks here might know other places.
iluvryosuke
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 09:21 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 4,706

Wow, I completely agree with everyone. This just simply boggles the mind.

You should post this on fanfiction.net. God knows we all appreciate extremely good stories like this one.

Oh, and if I ever decide to push through with my Initial D website, do you mind if I add your wonderful story to the fanfic archive?

YOU ROCK! laugh.gif
tiQlado
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 04:37 AM

IDW Expert Member

Hope it's not presumptuous of me, but I made out a request to Meteor to add this fic in the Fanfic thread up top. biggrin.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Aug 30 2007, 12:57 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Not presumptuous at all. It's appreciated, actually. I also made a few of the alterations we talked about, basically just clearing up the last scene so there isn't any confusion about Ryosuke's father. I'll post it up tonight when I get home, see if it meets with approval. Now I tried posting this on the fanfiction.net place, but I can't seem to find it when I search for it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
tiQlado
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 01:01 PM

IDW Expert Member

Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net

You'll need to register before you post there. Good luck!
thx712517
  Posted: Aug 30 2007, 05:48 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

“So who won?” Takumi asked his father. Bunta thought for a moment of inventing a story about lifting off the throttle too much and giving Ryosuke a chance to overtake him, but stopped out of respect.
“He did. He's been a good teacher to you. Between the two of us I think we'll make you a good driver eventually,” Bunta said, ruffling Takumi's hair.

“Sir, you'll want to come down into the emergency ward and take a look at our new patient,” the intern said. Director Takahashi sighed, set down his paperwork and followed.

“Street racer, crashed his car, broken arm, sprained ankle, minor cuts and abrasions to face, neck, and chest,” the nurse said swiftly. The doctor looked down at his patient and felt his eyes widen as he recognized the son of the hospital's director.
“Ryosuke!” he said.
“Hello,” Ryosuke answered.
“What were you doing?”
“Waiting for painkillers,” he replied. “I set a record on Mt. Akina that will never be broken as long as cars have wheels. I have reached the summit of street racing. There is nothing left for me on the streets.” He hissed in pain as the doctor and nurse worked together to set his arm. As the nurse wrapped up his arm and began dabbing at the numerous cuts he had sustained, his father entered the room, knelt down and looked at him.

“I will always be thankful to you for bringing Keisuke back to us, but I would hate to lose you because of this kind of activity. If you must race, why don't you race professionally?”
“I've thought about it,” Ryosuke replied, his words beginning to slur from the painkillers coursing through his body.
“...don't think Keisuke would like it...” he muttered. “...time for an FD...I know just the one...” he mumbled before finally falling asleep.

Registered, and posted, hopefully. We'll see how it goes. And on a side note, I almost cheated on my NB8C today. I saw a beautiful FC3S turbo on the way home from work, asking $4100 or best offer. I looked from my Mazda to the other Mazda, sighed, and drove off. If the bank had okayed the loan, I would be driving two Mazdas right now.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3757474/1/

This post has been edited by thx712517 on Aug 30 2007, 05:58 PM
BLKJ Takahashi
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 02:39 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 25,811

Wow bro, I just sat here for an entire hour and read your entire story. Very detailed and pin-point. Shows that even we can have things to dream about and make a reality.

+ Efini

BLKJ Takahashi
Project Blackjack
Forza Motorsport 2
www.forzadrift.com/forums
DK_2
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 01:28 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Damn. I sat here reading for probablly an hour or more reading this. Man, you're the shit! You could replace Shuichi... fear2.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 05:21 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Without Shuichi I'd have nothing to write about, but thank you for all the compliments. I'm working on a new story, but with homework it'll be a while before I can post anything. Hopefully it'll be as enjoyable, but I think I set the bar pretty damn high. I look forward to trying to do it again.
Sanae
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 06:09 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

Well, I can only say that I'm looking forward to it! happy.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 06:12 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Today at 9:21 PM)
Hopefully it'll be as enjoyable, but I think I set the bar pretty damn high. I look forward to trying to do it again.

you shouldnt hav a problem with that seeing how well your first story went. i cant wait to see your next fanfic.
tiQlado
Posted: Sep 30 2007, 03:44 AM

IDW Expert Member

You serious?? w00t2.gif You know I'll definitely be looking forward your next work!

3 Pages  1 2 3