Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Jager - Because of You

19 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 101,699  ·  Replies: 459 
> [FANFIC] Battle of the Masterminds
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 25 2008, 07:24 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,877

Can you tell I'm working on a steampunk novel as I'm co-writing this? My vocabulary from the one carries over to the other. Glad you like it, RC7 is doing a great job.
jpn6438
Posted: Mar 25 2008, 07:49 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 19,264

You two are just awesome! Just keep the chapter coming.
RickyDGreat
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 06:30 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

QUOTE (Flex. @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM)
Let em work at their own pace Rick, relax, here, take this *injects you with heroine*

Feelin any better now?

THX, Cometman, how about a big fricken SWEEEEETT from me biggrin.gif

"Let em work at their own pace Rick, relax, here, take this *injects you with heroine*

Feelin any better now?

THX, Cometman, how about a big fricken SWEEEEETT from me biggrin.gif"

LOL sorry, its a great fanfic, these fanfics keep me going until (if ever) they start releasing more eps of Initial D, its been such a long wait crying2.gif Keep up the great work guys, fear2.gif
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 06:44 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

Just hold on till tonight guys, it will be worth the wait.
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 05:24 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

QUOTE (red comet 7 @ Today at 10:44 AM)
Just hold on till tonight guys, it will be worth the wait.

:::holds::: hopefully i'll be done with my logic hw.
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 05:41 PM

IDW Regular Member

it should be up before long...or at least that was the plan. lol
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 26 2008, 06:30 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

“Come on, quit driving so slow!” Bunta taunted. Kichirou felt his heartbeat speed up. His eyes narrowed. It was happening…

Kichirou felt time slow down and stop as he recalled the first time he went for ride with Fujiwara Bunta. It was an experience that had changed him forever.
“I’m not sure I’m any good at drifting Bunta. Not as good as you anyway,” an 18 year old Kichirou said to 29 year old Bunta, while he kept his gaze fixed on the road in front of him.
“You know you’re good at it, you can keep up with me pretty good,” Bunta offered encouragingly.
“Yeah, but I don’t feel like I’m achieving anything when I do it! When you do it I can feel the reason behind it, and more importantly, the result. You actually turn drifting into a useful technique instead of just a show.”
“Kichirou, have you ever wondered why drifting began in the mountains?” Bunta asked. Kichirou remained silent, realizing with a sudden shock that he had never stopped to think of why it began in the mountains, only that it just was. Although Keiichi Tsuchiya had begun drifting on racing circuits to keep his opponents from becoming too discourage, it had forever been a known fact that drifting in the mountains was a special way to go faster.

“There’s lots of roads out there that have corners worthy of drifting on. So why here? What makes the mountains so special that the drifting pioneers brought the sport to life in these hills?” Bunta asked while looking over at Kichirou, who was focused intently on what Bunta was trying to imply. Frustrated when he didn't answer, Bunta continued with his lesson.
“It’s because these hills are the only places where rules don’t apply. On the track grip will always be faster. On the track, it loses its magic. But here on the touge, it’s the only place where drifting can be used to achieve true speed. Touge is a place that requires more than a conventional racing line and good theory to be fast. It takes something special, a unique line that only the truly great can comprehend. It’s because here in the mountains there are certain lines that open the door to true speed that can only be achieved by allowing the car to drift. That’s what the first drifters were searching for when they began to drift. They were searching for that next level of speed. Like I said, only the truly great can find those doors. And remember, it takes an even more incredible driver to walk through them.”

Kichirou engraved those words into his mind, words that would later mold him to into the incredible driver he would soon become.
“The only way I can help it make sense to you is to show you,” Bunta sighed. Kichirou braced himself by holding the hachi-roku’s gleaming door handle and stiffening his legs against the transmission tunnel as Bunta floored the throttle and let the engine scream wide open down the short straight. Bunta jabbed the brakes and slung the shifter into second gear in a blur of human motion. Kichirou felt his body jolt forward then sideways as the g-forces pinned him into the seat and smacked his head against the window. It was too much for Kichirou.
“How could a car move this fast while sliding and still be in control? What kind of driving is this?” Bunta upshifted back into third and charged into the next hairpin of Akina.
“Bunta, slow down!” Kichirou yelped. But compliance was not an option for Fujiwara, especially if Kichirou was to truly grasp the concept of drifting. The AE86 charged into the corner and swung wide into a drift, again on the verge of insane intensity. Kichirou couldn’t believe his eyes. They wouldn’t let him. He felt his eyes begin to close unwillingly as his world became black and the g-forces began to feel as though they were pulling him away from reality. His body was calling him away from the unreal. The only thing he could do to keep himself sane was slip into a state of sleep. He caught one last glimpse of Bunta’s burning gaze on the road before he finally passed out. But when he awoke, he would awake a totally different driver. The once innocent eighteen year old Kichirou died that day as he fainted in Bunta’s seat. The driver that awoke from his forced slumber would be feared by all those who raced on the mountains for years to come.

Kichirou’s eyes opened as he came back to his senses and the world around him came back up to speed, his eyes beginning to see the road in a different way. It had been a long time since his eyes took in the road this way. He was finally back. Kichirou felt his spirit ignite with the fuel inside the rotary engine as he was reunited with his true spirit and began to drive the way he was born to.

“You have to let go Kichirou, remember your speed. Remember our runs. Forget the professional world and theories. Out here you make the rules. Drive!” Bunta shouted. As soon as he yelled those words he almost regretted it. Kichirou accelerated in a way that forced Bunta’s head deeply into the headrest.
“This kid has flipped!” Bunta said to himself. Kichirou was too focused on the road to hear anything. He thought nothing. He just drove. He let go of all the techniques he had learned in the pro races. He let go of all self-control. No longer was he worried about tire conservation or mind games, fuel management or controlling stress to the suspension. His mind was empty and free to focus on what really mattered, the road itself. The engine seemed to rev forever as the rotary continued to hold Bunta’s head to the seat. The corner was coming up fast. Much too fast. Faster than Bunta had ever attempted to enter. For the first time in decades, Bunta felt his foot reach for the imaginary brake pedal.
“Kichirou! Don’t over do it!”

Kichirou’s foot remained firmly to the floor, the speed continuing to increase as the guardrail came hurtling closer and closer.
“Kichirou, you're coming in too fast! Lay off!” His words fell on deaf ears. Kichirou was about to show Bunta what his pupil had become, the driver he had molded him into. This would be the ultimate thanks for everything Bunta had taught him. His foot remained floored.

“Kichirou!”

A loud window-rattling bang was heard as the 13BT backfired a gargantuan blue flame. Kichirou braked with the precision only found in a veteran pro’s technique, using the most perfect form of cadence braking ever seen on the street. The lightning-fast downshift was not felt, and there was no lock of the transmission as Bunta watched the unfocused image of the shift knob move into gear. There was only motion, perfect fluid motion. The car began to slide. Bunta knew it was the end. The guardrail was coming on much too fast and they were too close to it to recover. He had finally pushed a driver too far. Now he would regret it. To his surprise, the crash never came. Bunta felt genuine fear as he watched the guardrail run parallel with his door half a centimeter away. He kept listening for the sound of metal colliding with metal but it never came. But from where he was sitting another sound could be heard, a high-pitched whistling sound that pierced through the roar of the engine. A metallic whistling sound. Was it the turbo? No. What was it? Suddenly it clicked in Bunta’s head in amazement as he realized where it was coming from. It was the sound of air being forced into the metallic guardrail from the FC’s rear bumper as it slung past closer than he or Takumi had ever been before. The sound was beautiful music to Bunta’s ears. He had never heard or experienced anything like that before. Bunta’s attention turned back to the road as Kichirou held the throttle to the floor, the engine bouncing off the rev limiter. A full throttle drift with no remorse. The tires were sceaming at a volume so loud that no one would believe their ears. But someone did hear it. And they believed it, even if it was hard not to.
An awestruck Ryosuke remained in the trees as he could only imagine what the monster drift he was hearing looked like.

“Oh my God…” was all that Ryousuke could whisper as he tried to comprehend the speed and the line the vehicle had to be running in order to produce sounds of that magnitude. Who was capable of something like that? Kichirou held the drift all the way through the corner until the straightaway.

“Okay Kichirou, now…”

But Bunta never got to finish the sentence. The FC was not regaining traction, and its driver did not intend to correct the situation. Bunta was now leaning at an insane angle as the FC held its incredible slide down the straightaway.
“Surely he isn’t going to try and drift all the way to the next corner?” Bunta wondered. “There isn't enough room to pull that off!” From the angle Bunta was now leaning he could clearly see Kichirou’s speedometer, and he didn't want to face the reality of what the speedometer was reading. The RX-7’s gleaming red gauge read an unbelievable 170 KPH. This was insanity to accelerate so fast down a straightaway in a straight line, but Kichirou was maintaining a slide at this speed. The FC continued to rocket sideways down the straight as Bunta caught a glimpse of the huge cloud of smoke that filled the entire width of the road behind them.
“There’s no use trying to coach him anymore,” Bunta thought as he felt immense pride and sadness at the same time. “He’s surpassed me.”

The FC finally reached the next corner and continued the impossible drift as he slid through the apex, catching traction for a brief second before feinting hard into the next hairpin. The whistling sound was heard yet again as this time the front bumper adhered almost perfectly to the groove of the guardrail, the sound echoing down the road.

“He’s finally made it,” Bunta thought. All his hard work had paid off. Now Bunta knew it was possible for a driver to transcend to a much higher level. He had succeeded in perfecting his first pupil, and now he had to focus on one much more important. His son. Takumi was more than well on his way, Bunta already knew. Takumi would probably reach this level before his twenty-first birthday if he continued at the rate he was going. Finally relaxing into the FC’s seat, Bunta finally began to trust his student’s amazing technique. It was simply perfect, complete. There was nowhere for him to climb higher. Kichirou had made it. He was complete. Bunta smiled as the FC finally reached the straightaway and Kichirou slammed the gear shifter into third as he went full throttle into the next straight. Bunta glanced over at Kichirou as they sped into the night at death-defying speeds. As he took in the sight of Kichirou’s burning intensity and focused expression, Bunta knew once and for all that giving up his sponsorship to him had been worth it. Now Bunta was one step closer to feeling whole again. He was now much closer to being truly happy, and his eyes began to water as he thought of the incredible journey that still lay ahead of Takumi.
“It's a great adventure. Ryosuke is in for quite a shock,” Bunta said happily as the FC roared with complete dominance down the straight into the night.
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 06:57 PM

IDW Regular Member

ha thanks THX you hardly changed a thing from my original writing, like one or two words. I'll take it it earned your approval? smile.gif

This post has been edited by red comet 7 on Mar 26 2008, 06:58 PM
jpn6438
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 07:12 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 19,264

And I thought Bunta is the only nut case in Initial D! w00t2.gif
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 07:13 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (red comet 7 @ Today at 9:57 PM)
ha thanks THX you hardly changed a thing from my original writing, like one or two words. I'll take it it earned your approval? smile.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif damn thx really didnt change much of the words??? that was an insane chapter rc7 w00t2.gif . its good to see that the 2 of you make a insane co-op fanfic.
hehe a certain white fc now feels intense pressure to maintain a precise and fast race.

This post has been edited by 207 on Mar 26 2008, 07:16 PM
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 07:23 PM

IDW Regular Member

well the first half of it was mostly my writing too, and from the Whole EVO thing at the beginning through the first conversation of Bunta and Kichirou was mine too.

the Kichirou Takumi race was all THX and the Keisuke and Ryousuke conversation was his too. He's been gettin really swamped so ive had to step up to the plate and do some writing. Im actually enjoying it. Uur writing styles are VERY similar, so you cant really tell who's writing what. the stuff i write THX just goes and tweaks and adds that extra special something too, like the icing on the cake.

he's a pleasure to work with. it helps that both of us actually know what its like driving cars.

THX is great.
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 08:08 PM

IDW God Member

shoulda made bunta's eyes crack open during that crazy downhill(or does that only happen when he's out drinking?).

Great chapter, that straightline drift is crazy. What's next, drifting in reverse?
pnoytecknix
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 08:28 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

awesome updates guys. really intense scenes...
DK_2
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 10:51 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

this fanfic is just way too epic. T_T
?wha?
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 11:48 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

The Mighty Bunta Fujiwara scared of crashing??

*Deep MC voice* EPIIIIIC WIN! */Deep MC voice*

Can't wait for the FC vs FC race!
xmark
Posted: Mar 26 2008, 11:58 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 18,639

Im having goosebumps reading this update happy.gif

Damn that Crazy Bunta creates a crazy pupil of his... laugh.gif

Tears of joy to Bunta for accomplishing a complete driver apprentice crying2.gif
Kichirou is the first succesor of Bunta... Takumi is next...

Now what will Ryosuke think for his next simulation to Kichirou? rolleyes.gif

Don't miss it!
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 12:17 AM

Cock Blockula

Member No.: 27,803

/r/ moar. Now we get to see who is the greatest driver on the street; Ryosuke or Bunta's pupil!
Meteor
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 12:43 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Great chapter, that straightline drift is crazy. What's next, drifting in reverse?

Relax. This isn't Akina's Black Demon you're reading. No car is going to pull a 180 and reverse its way around corners.

Another sweet chapter you two. biggrin.gif Keep it up!

It'll be amazing just reading the battle between Ryousuke and Kichirou.
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 27 2008, 01:44 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

“Hmm, I wonder what's going on?” Keisuke asked, peering through the blinds of his room at the driveway below where Ryosuke was standing staring at his FC, a common pose for him these past few days. Shutting down his laptop he walked downstairs, grabbing a sandwich from the kitchen as he went, and was soon outside in the drive, leaning against his FD's rear quarter panel and looking at his brother.
“Aniki, are you alright?” Keisuke asked, concerned. For the past few days his older brother had withdrawn inside himself, clamming up and becoming completely silent as if under a massive strain. Keisuke felt concerned, wondering if it was the medical studies or maybe trouble at the hospital that was getting him down, when his brother suddenly started as if woken from a dream.

“Keisuke, have you ever been so intimidated by an opponent that the only logical choice open to you would be to run away?” Ryosuke asked, unable to tear his eyes away from the FC. Keisuke almost dropped his sandwich, unable or unwilling to believe his brother, who had always fought against incredible odds, should feel like running away.
“Every time I went up against an Evo, bro,” he replied, taking a massive bite of the sandwich in a crafty attempt to get his brother to speak. Ryosuke remained quiet and extremely pale, lost in thought with a look of mingled dread and desire on his face.

“I witnessed an FC driver tonight attain the state of utter perfection on Mt. Akina. Decades of training driving the same car on the same mountain, and he was able to take lines I didn't even know existed. I thought I've always been close to the top, especially with Project D's incredible successes, but now I feel like Kenta. I heard an FC, just like my own here, do things I could never attempt to do. Keisuke, I feel scared. I've been the invincible White Comet for so long, unchallenged for years, that now I have a true challenge I don't think I have what it takes to bring him down. If I race against him it will be a losing battle, and I feel that the only reason this FC driver is here is because of me,” Ryosuke said, shaking his head slowly and walking inside. Keisuke followed, unable to believe the words he had just heard come from his legendary brother's mouth.

“He's that good?” Keisuke asked, incredulous.
“He is. I heard him drift his FC down Akina's longest straight, holding the perfect angle the entire way, clouds of smoke billowing off the back. He has my car and Fujiwara's car control, and is a pupil of Fujiwara Bunta. The only way I was able to beat Bunta last time was by destroying this car. I don't think I can go through that again. I know I'm doomed to lose. The question, Keisuke, is whether or not I try.” Ryosuke trudged upstairs, each footfall heavy. Entering his room he locked the door, fell on his bed, and stared at the ceiling, turning it over and over in his mind until he felt sick. Looking out the window at his car he stood there and sighed, feeling the conflicting feelings squirm and wriggle inside him like so many worms. It was nauseous, this uncertainty. This fear. Something inside him snapped, solidifying and collapsing all the other worries into nothingness.

“Win or lose, I am Takahashi Ryosuke, the White Comet of Akagi. I do not run from anyone,” he ground out through gritted teeth, anger beginning to flow through him, anger at his weakness and fear, anger at his cowardice. Keisuke finished his sandwich just as he heard a series of light thumps, the sound of his brother running down the stairs two at a time, dashing through the kitchen and out to the driveway. Dropping his glass Keisuke tore after him, afraid his elder brother would do something rash.
“Aniki! Bro! What are you doing?” he called, sprinting out to the driveway just as Ryosuke fired up his engine. His elder brother's pale and furious eyes made brief contact with his own, just long enough for Keisuke to understand what was about to happen. Don't wait for me, the eyes said. Don't worry for me. The FC's engine revved up, screaming towards redline, and with a quick manipulation of the clutch the white car was billowing smoke from its rear tires as it ripped out of the driveway in reverse, sliding around at the end of the drive and, as Ryosuke slammed into first, rocketing down the street toward Akina.
“Win or lose, I won't run away!” Ryosuke cried, determined to fight.
Meteor
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 02:01 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

That's right Ryousuke! The White Comet does not run away from a battle!

Still rooting for Kichirou. But still. Fight Ryousuke! Fight!
VTiRoj
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 05:09 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Today at 2:30 AM)
Bunta thought as he felt immense pride and sadness at the same time. “He’s surpassed me.”

*reality implodes*

THIS CANNOT HAPPEN!! pinch2.gif

Ryousuke needs a miracle to beat Kichirou now. shifty2.gif Good luck to him though, he'll need it. Go Ninja Ryousuke! fear2.gif
RickyDGreat
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 07:04 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

good stuff, dunno bout the surpassing of bunta part, that was takumi job but hey its great im just a reader lol, keep it up fear2.gif
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 08:03 AM

IDW God Member

Thx, were you waking up or going to sleep when you posted this last update? Either way, 5:44 a.m. our time is pretty early.

Good update, im rooting for Ryosuke.
DK_2
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 11:15 AM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

f**kING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is too much the match is gonna be.... ZOMFG!
thx712517
  Posted: Mar 27 2008, 05:38 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Takumi woke up suddenly, aware that something wasn't right. Rolling over in his bed he saw the clock, its alarm long since rang. Sitting up in bed, surprised that he hadn't been chided for oversleeping, he rubbed his eyes and stood up with a yawn, stretching until his joints popped. Thumping heavily down the stairs, still clumsy from the sleep, he strolled into the dark living room and stumbled, falling onto the floor, his hands hitting something wet in the dark. Cursing his old man for being a drunk, he got up and flipped the switch. Bunta was lying on the floor, his eyes half open and his lips a frightening blue.

“Dad?” Takumi said, shaking his shoulder.
“Dad?!”
“DAD?!”

19 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »