Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Dream Fighters - I Can't Stop Lovin' You

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,751  ·  Replies: 6 
> Initial d tournament in Inverness!
PhoenixWylde
  Posted: Aug 23 2009, 06:43 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,788

I will be getting the owner of the arcade that is just off of Inverness' High Street to help in holding a tournament to see who in Scotland or just the Highlands is the best in a battle.

Its with Arcade Stage 2, I will finalize the prize, but I think it'll be a cash prize or Initial D merchandise, (money spent by competitors is put toward prize, so more racers, better prize).

The setup will be like this;

1)People will be given a month roughly to pick which car (which will be stock for the tournament and written down on the sign-up sheet) they want to run with, so to eliminate fishing and any other underhanded tactics happening.

2)The format will be a best out of 3 match.

3)Tracks and direction, and weather will be picked out of a hat at random, and you won't be able to race on the same track in the same direction, with the same weather conditions against your opponent twice in the one match.

Hopefully with these sort of guidelines, the tournament can be fair and enjoyable and give a good indication of who has the most skill and who is the best racer in Scotland or just the Highlands.

If you have any suggestions o further good guidelines leave a reply and I'll run it by the manager.
jun88
Posted: Sep 26 2009, 11:54 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 33,122

i suggest no myogi n usui...cause at myogi ccw,r32 is hard to win by dc2 or fd
usui too...sil80 sure get better speed off all model...gear 1-2 sure win all car if in usui.
PhoenixWylde
  Posted: Sep 28 2009, 02:17 PM

Shmuck

I can see what your getting at, but that would be part of the unpredictability of the tournament. The problem of singling out 1 or more tracks or just picking 1, means you get people that become relentless in improving, I know that would sound strange when we want more people playing, but we want this tournament to go in the way that ANYONE can win it. i don't want it to go to someone whos spent hours, days pounding around 1 track in 1 car, I want people to be good at every course, and test out which car suits them best on each course.

What this does is get people the knowledge of the tracks and allows the best possible battles we can get, cause no matter what track, you should be competitive at it, and if someone does well, then they won't have a bad experience to look back on and maybe come back and maybe help us raise the money to get either stage 3 or 5.
jun88
Posted: Sep 29 2009, 12:40 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (PhoenixWylde @ Yesterday, 2:17 PM)
I can see what your getting at, but that would be part of the unpredictability of the tournament. The problem of singling out 1 or more tracks or just picking 1, means you get people that become relentless in improving, I know that would sound strange when we want more people playing, but we want this tournament to go in the way that ANYONE can win it. i don't want it to go to someone whos spent hours, days pounding around 1 track in 1 car, I want people to be good at every course, and test out which car suits them best on each course.

What this does is get people the knowledge of the tracks and allows the best possible battles we can get, cause no matter what track, you should be competitive at it, and if someone does well, then they won't have a bad experience to look back on and maybe come back and maybe help us raise the money to get either stage 3 or 5.

emmm...i agreee with you
PhoenixWylde
  Posted: Sep 29 2009, 10:42 AM

Shmuck

good.

Now, are you able to participate?
jun88
Posted: Sep 29 2009, 11:52 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (PhoenixWylde @ 1 hour, 9 minutes ago)
good.

Now, are you able to participate?

if i can i will...but im from malaysia T.T
I never participate in any tournament before T.T
ZedxFarin
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 06:17 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 35,060

Alex is dat you again tongue.gif