Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing move - Rage your dream

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 11,779  ·  Replies: 4 
> Kia Asamiya (Nadesico) launches car racing manga
BOZZ
  Posted: Mar 5 2016, 07:43 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Not sure where to put this, here, or in Initial D General, but here goes...

user posted image

Manga creator Kia Asamiya launched a new car racing manga titled Zero Angel ~Sōheki no Datenshi~ (Zero Angel ~The Clear Blue Fallen Angel~) in the April issue of Shonengahosha's Young King Ours magazine on Monday.

The manga is set in Yokohama, and centers on high school student and pro driver Aika Misaki. While she works as an idol in kart racing, she is also an undefeated street racer in her Subaru WRX STi.

Asamiya created the Silent Möbius, Steam Detectives, Compiler, and Junk: Record of the Last Hero manga, among others. He provided character designs for the Martian Successor Nadesico anime (which he later adapted into the Nadesico manga), adapted the Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace into manga, and wrote and drew the Batman: The Child of Dreams comic. Many of his manga have been adapted into anime. He ended his Silent Möbius QD manga last June.

Viz Media published his Silent Möbius and Steam Detectives manga in North America, while CPM Manga published Nadesico, and DrMaster published Junk: Record of the Last Hero. Udon Entertainment announced in 2009 that it planned to republish the original manga Silent Möbius as it was published in Japan, including the later Silent Möbius Tales and Möbius Klein volumes, but the company has since only published the first four volumes of the original manga.

I am not entirely sure what the car racing will be in this series, but I am assuming it might be circuit racing considering the main character is involved in kart racing and is apparently a supporting character in Kia Asamiya's most recent works, Kanojo no Carrera.

Kanojo no Carrera is also sort-of car related, it focuses on a woman named Reina (as far as I remember, she worked at a magazine of some sort) who inherits her late father's Type 964 Porsche 911 Carrera RS (with a stick shift!) and experiences with the car. I read a few chapters when it first came out and at least in the beginning it's about her learning to drive it (she doesn't know how to drive a stick shift) and some minor ups and downs of owning the car.

Kia Asamiya, of Nadesico fame, launches new car racing manga featuring a female lead who drives a 2015+ WRX STi

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Mar 5 2016, 07:43 PM
xiao
  Posted: Mar 6 2016, 05:52 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Woah! Thanks for the info Bozz~ I'm actually really excited about this manga... especially if Viz handles it like they're doing with Black Lagoon within their Signature Series line. Looks really good!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1244 x 1280. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 905. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 694 x 500. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Mar 6 2016, 11:28 AM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

Wait a sec, shouldn't this be a spin-off/sequel of Kanojo no Carrera? Didn't Aika drive a Porsche 968CS in that manga and was introduced as Reina's cousin?

This post has been edited by HashiriyaR32 on Mar 6 2016, 11:31 AM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Mar 6 2016, 11:16 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

This looks interesting...

Might give Shigeno a run for his money and some examples on how to draw women properly XD
BOZZ
  Posted: Mar 8 2016, 08:15 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (HashiriyaR32 @ Mar 6 2016, 03:28 PM)
Wait a sec, shouldn't this be a spin-off/sequel of Kanojo no Carrera? Didn't Aika drive a Porsche 968CS in that manga and was introduced as Reina's cousin?

Yeah, this is a spin off, I guess I kind of worded it oddly by saying it's focusing on a supporting character from Kanojo no Carrera.

Speaking of which, was Kanojo no Carrera licensed by Viz or any company in particular for an English language release?