Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Wain L - Don't You Wanna Be Free

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 174,040  ·  Replies: 508 
> The Gun Enthusiasts' Thread
Tarento
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 02:22 PM

IDW'S Guitar Hero b00bie

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,196

Metal Storm

I'm not a big gun fan, but this gun is freakin' awesome.

Metal Storm handgun can shoot three rounds before recoiling. Another advantage this gun has is that it can never recoil

This is the battlefield Metal Storm.
Metal Storm can shoot up to 16,000 rounds a seconds.
fear2.gif

By replacing bullets with high explosives, it can fire 40mm grenades at a rate of 250,000 per minute
Double fear2.gif

Metal Storm doesn't need to be manned.

This post has been edited by Tarento on Jul 12 2006, 02:27 PM
Möbius
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 05:35 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (WRX DEMON @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM)
WTF?! These machine/gattling guns look like something out of a mecha anime... Like Vulcans on the head of a Gundam...

They are HUGE!

I suppose these babies are operated by button and not a trigger... cuz im sure i'd lose my lunch trying to fire one of either of these.

Well, you're close, the one Julie posted is the General Electric M61A1 Vulcan cannon, used in the F-15 Eagle, F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-4E Phantom , F-111 Aardvark, etc. wink2.gif

The one I posted is the one and only Martin Marietta Armament Systems GAU-8A, used only in the A-10 Warthog.

@ hellbent, the one in the tank pic, is a giant silencer... wink2.gif

This post has been edited by Apex Carver on Jul 12 2006, 05:40 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
sideways
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 09:30 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

The revoler nick posted is the Mateba Unica 6- Which happens to be my favorite hand gun (damn chicken fukker). Its a 357, bottom aligned revolver that also happens to be semi-automatic. Its credited as one of the most accurate handguns in the world and has quite a few titles under its belt in nation competitions. They also make the "hunter" which is slightly beefier and fires a 44.

Other fav revolvers of mine include the Ruger Gp100 (specificly the 6inch barrel often refered to a the gp161) and the classic Colt python.

Not a huge fan of Covnentional pistols, Though the classic colt 1911 stand out as my favorite. Cant argue with the Mk23 for the bad-ass factor either.

Also a huge fan of anything bolt-operated, M24 socom is standard, the walther 2000 also caught my interest though i admit i never looked much into it. Im currently hoping to get my hands on a Stevens 200 in the 223 round however.

Assault rifles would go to the famas series- I prefer the overall look of the original with the simple trigger gaurd, but for practicality reasons cant go wrong with the g2. Full hand gaurd and the use of standard m16 magazines is very conveinent. Bullpup design leads to good accuracy despite being only slightly longer then your average small machine gun. Using the stock iron sites can suck a bit though, peripheral vision sucks.

Oh and ill gladly be the first to say this;

Despite popularity for reasonable reasons, AK47S SUCK as a rifle.

That is all.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Jul 16 2006, 11:19 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Found an interesting article on Wikipedia that compares the AK-47 and M16...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16

Whoever wrote it isn't much of the technical guy, but it's still a worthwhile read... wink2.gif
LAN EVO IV
Posted: Jul 16 2006, 12:09 PM

it's not the heat, it's the humidity.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,269

いまなんじですか?

Anyways, I like handguns.
Favorite: Sig P220

user posted image
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Jul 29 2006, 12:42 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

OMFG

I bought a copy of "Face/Off" on DVD last weekend, and I finally got around to watching it tonight...

Those two gold Springfield Armory M1911's that Castor Troy had, with the dragon insignias on the side...I f**kING WANT THOSE! crying2.gif
hellbent
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 11:49 AM

Married to his R6 since August 22.

Member No.: 4,490

OH yeah, Those were 2 sexy f**ken guns. I so want them.

Imagine them in Silver. *drool*
1slowsupra
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 11:36 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 356

Gees, I thought people were going to post guns they DO have. I guess many of you are under age and can only talk about guns you wish you had. Sorry guys..hehe. Well heres my list.

Baby Eagle 9mm
user posted image

Sig Sauer P220ST 45
user posted image

Springfield 1911 9mm
user posted image

Kimber 1911 45
user posted image

Mossberg 500 12 gauge
user posted image

Kel-Tec SU16
user posted image

AR-15
user posted image

M-14
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

I also have a HK USP fullsize 40cal. But no pics on my computer right now.
My favorites are the 1911, nothing is more accurate in my hand than a 1911. Plus 1911s you can modify just like a car and can cost you in the thousands. Ive shot many rifles, and my favorite is the M14...nothing can touch that rifle.
Next pistol will be a Ruger Alaskan revolver in 454 Casull w/ 2.5" barrel. Next rifle will be another M14, but in a shorty version w/ sage stock. Like this here.
user posted image

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Aug 1 2006, 11:47 AM
Steve
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 11:44 AM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

user posted image

I win.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Aug 1 2006, 12:41 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

QUOTE (1slowsupra @ Today at 3:36 PM)
Gees, I thought people were going to post guns they DO have. I guess many of you are under age and can only talk about guns you wish you had.

So? This forum doesn't keep a lot of underage kids from talking about wanting an "86"... tongue.gif

Besides, while I can now legally own a gun, I don't have the finances for buying one; Real f**kin' problem for me... laugh2.gif

AP1FrEaKsLiDe - You ass...You lose; That's your dad's... laugh.gif tongue.gif
hellbent
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 01:54 PM

Steve doesnt win, nor do 1slwsupra.
I win by default B*TCHes, and you know why. tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I mean, dont mind the last pic, got there by accident.

and you wonder why U.S didnt get those WMD, I wonder where they are whistling.gif

tongue.gif
1slowsupra
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 02:15 PM

IDW Prime Member

hey hey! At least I can take mines home and are legal to own! laugh.gif
hellbent
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 02:27 PM

No your wrong, Mine are legal to own too.

slong as the PooPoo and the gov dont find out. tongue.gif
1slowsupra
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 02:30 PM

IDW Prime Member

Man your crazy!

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Aug 1 2006, 02:30 PM
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Aug 8 2006, 04:25 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

1slowsupra - Out of curiosity, how much did the Jericho 941 and Springfield 1911 cost you?

I've been looking at 941s and 1911s for a near realistic future buy...I'd like them chambered in .45 ACP, but I'm just asking for a general estimate...
Möbius
Posted: Aug 12 2006, 09:40 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkBrkciE2lA

A nice high speed camera vid of guns/bullets. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Oct 31 2006, 01:34 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

*dig*

Here we go...The proper thread for real guns, so we don't worry the kids to death talking about this stuff in the airsoft thread... laugh.gif tongue.gif
1slowsupra
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 04:44 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Aug 8 2006, 04:25 PM)
1slowsupra - Out of curiosity, how much did the Jericho 941 and Springfield 1911 cost you?

I've been looking at 941s and 1911s for a near realistic future buy...I'd like them chambered in .45 ACP, but I'm just asking for a general estimate...

Hey I never seen your post to me. Sorry it took so long to reply. LOL laugh.gif

The Baby Eagle is the same as the Jericho 941...but the 941s are more sought after. I didnt buy this pistol cuz of Cowboy Bebop, even though it is one of my favorite animes. Baby Eagles run right at $500...you can find deals between $400-450. Mine is a 9mm..and that is the round it was designed for. You can get a 40cal or 45 Baby Eagle, but I wouldnt. The Jericho is also designed after the CZ-75. CZ-75 is hot sh!t...cheap, accurate, and highly reliable, I plan to get one soon. Rally from Gunsmith Cats sports a old school CZ-75 SAO.

My Springer is the GI-45(replica of the WWII 1911). It is Springfields base model 1911. Parked models are $425 and stainless are about $475. It is decent, but you get what you pay for. My Kimber is leaps and bounds better, but that is also why I spent $500 more on the Kimber. happy.gif The Springer goes bang but it is not a tight gun and the accuracy is not there. Many people pick this one up to fix up and work on. I myself plan to fix it up one day. I had a 9mm upper conversion for it, but I sold that off. Right now I have a 22lr conversion upper for it. That helps save on shooting big time! You can get a brick of 22lr rounds (500rds) at walmart for 10 bucks!

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Oct 31 2006, 04:50 PM
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 04:47 PM

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Member No.: 10,501

I plan on buying a Glock 9mm in the future to get used to and to target hit with, then probably get a Walther PP or PPK. Might also pick up a Jericho 941 as well.
1slowsupra
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 04:59 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Dave Rodgers @ Today at 4:47 PM)
I plan on buying a Glock 9mm in the future to get used to and to target hit with, then probably get a Walther PP or PPK.  Might also pick up a Jericho 941 as well.

My Glock gripe..

I hate Glocks. I can name 50 other brands I would rather own than Glock. Many people state, "You can not contest its reliablity!" Sure, you cant...me myself agree it is the most reliable gun on this planet. It is the AK of pistols. Is the AK the greatest rifle?..nope. And just like the AK that is all it has going for it. Glocks in my opinion are not ergonmic, has a lame trigger and safety, not accurate enough for me, cheap and not refined (take a HK anyday), and Glocks look like as$! Cheap and reliable with no looks...to me it is the Honda DX of the gun world. They could of at the very least threw in some taste.

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Oct 31 2006, 05:00 PM
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Oct 31 2006, 05:03 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

I call it the Jericho 941 because that's what I know the gun as; I don't call it the "Baby Eagle", just because that's what Magnum Research calls it in order to capitalize off the Desert Eagle... tongue.gif

I've just got something for .45 ACP firearms...Nothing wrong with 9mm, but if I were to put it into practical use (Home defense), I'd rather go with something bigger for more effective stopping power (Hell, I'd even take the .40 S&W over the 9mm)...

...since asking that question, I've been to Bass Pro Shops and did some pricing of my own, but thanks for answering anyway... tongue.gif
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 05:20 PM

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Member No.: 10,501

QUOTE (1slowsupra @ Today at 4:59 PM)
My Glock gripe..

I hate Glocks.

Seconded. I'm not buying a Glock because I like it. Those pistols are ass. I just want a throwaway to practice with. If you can suggest something else that's cheap, then I will love you tenderly. wink2.gif
1slowsupra
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 05:22 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Today at 5:03 PM)
I call it the Jericho 941 because that's what I know the gun as; I don't call it the "Baby Eagle", just because that's what Magnum Research calls it in order to capitalize off the Desert Eagle... tongue.gif

I've just got something for .45 ACP firearms...Nothing wrong with 9mm, but if I were to put it into practical use (Home defense), I'd rather go with something bigger for more effective stopping power (Hell, I'd even take the .40 S&W over the 9mm)...

...since asking that question, I've been to Bass Pro Shops and did some pricing of my own, but thanks for answering anyway... tongue.gif

45acp is my favorite round. 9mm is second. If my life was on the line or if I am going into battle, I would take a 45 as a sidearm above all else. 9mm IMO is nothing when it comes to self defense. I could careless about high capacity...all it takes is one well placed shot of a 45 and your going down. The only reason I have two 9s is for fun and nothing more.

If you get into firearms, as I have, and from the sound of it Im sure you will, you will see how much a day at the range will cost you. Shooting nothing but 45 is expensive. The cheapest place to buy ammo is Walmart, 100rd box of 45 target is $23. 9mm 100rd box is $12. You see the differance...you can shoot twice as much for the same price. It just makes more sense to buy a 9mm pistol to save on some ends. All of my friends have 45s and they all have at least one 9...the 9s are strictly for practice. The Jericho I have was originally planned to be my only 9mm practice handgun...but I shot my friends Sig and I just had to buy one. Too much fun, felt perfect in my hands...plus my other friend sold me that P228 for $500 brand new. I go 2-3 times a month to the range, this month will be 4 times. Each trip, I will shoot 2-300rds...and that is just pistol ammo. 5.56 and 308 rifle rounds are even more...and I shoot about 1-200 of that. Im sure later, you will have your 45s...and later after that, you will at least get one 9.

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Oct 31 2006, 05:26 PM
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:05 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

If I want a shoot-for-shits gun, I'll just get a .22 LR; The cheapest of the cheap... wink2.gif

My dad has a Marlin Model 60 rifle (Which I've posted elsewhere; I'll bring it up in this thread later) that fires off .22 LRs...He hasn't fired that fun off in 20 years and doesn't have any ammo for it, though...It just used to be his dad's, but I bet it'd make great for plinking...

Those Browning Buck Marks and CZ-75 Kadets also look like fun for targeting (Both also chambered in .22 LR)...
1slowsupra
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:07 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Dave Rodgers @ Today at 5:20 PM)
Seconded. I'm not buying a Glock because I like it. Those pistols are ass. I just want a throwaway to practice with. If you can suggest something else that's cheap, then I will love you tenderly. wink2.gif

Note taken, a lot of people want a starter/practice/cheap gun..and they usually think Glock. It is a decent begineers gun, but everyone has a preferance..just like cars. You drive one, how will you know how the others are. Try a few and see which ones fit you. You can rent at most ranges. That is the best, when you find a gun that fits you like a glove and you begin with that. You will waste time and 2-3 times more money on ammo with a gun you are not comfortable with and not accurate with. Not sure if you know, but not everyone is accurate with the same gun. Same analogy with cars, you have some drivers who cant drive for sh!t with their own car, but when they drive another, they look like a champ...and later you see them buy that car. Practice practice practice...youll need a lot of practice, which is also why I would suggest a 9mm as a first pistol.

I would not suggest getting a +$800 gun for a first timer...and I wouldnt get anything too cheap as well. I would never get any handgun under $375 that is brand new(exclude 22s)...you bascially get what you pay for when your in that range. Your price range should be right between $400-750. And I would suggest staying away from unpopular brands(theres usually a reason why they are unpopular) and stay away from compacts, unless you can really get a license to carry.

Browning Hi-Power
CZ-75
Any EAA (basically all are CZ75 clones)
Jericho 941(Or Baby Eagle)
HK USPs
Sig P2022, P226, P228, P220, P229, P239, P245
Kimber 1911 Custom II (that is their base model)
Springfield 1911 Loaded
Beretta M9/92 (actually dont like any of them, but you might like them)
Keltec
Taurus 1911 (just came out, been hearing a lot of good things)
Any Walther
Glocks I guess, since some people really swear by them. rolleyes.gif Might as well give it a try.

21 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »