Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing WATARU I

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 46,163  ·  Replies: 56 
> Pacific Rim
Tessou
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:03 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

You're asking us to help you decide between a middling grade zombie movie that isn't anything special, or something new and completely against the grain of summer action movies?

This is too easy.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 15 2013, 07:01 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 5 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Pac Rim was a fun romp. 
SPOILER

Well, perhaps...
SPOILER

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 2 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Hrm, very in depth review N1. The ending seems like a bit bleh from all the lack of scientifical continuity... So that narrows it to a showdown between Pacific Rim and World War Z. I want to watch both but I only have enough time for one. What do I go for? PEOPLE CONVINCE ME! tongue.gif

Pacific Rim, discussion over.
Slade
Posted: Jul 16 2013, 07:36 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 3,304

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 10:53 AM)
It was posted on /m/, but at least according to this image it wasn't him who saw it but was someone else on staff for the film. Perhaps the lead mechanical designer? Ah wait no, I found it--it was the screenwriter, Travis Beacham who watched Rebuild of Evangelion and enjoyed it. Considering Del Toro specifically references Patlabor in interviews, however, it makes me wonder if pingu86 up there was honestly drawing similarities himself (where? I mean the 'great wall' wasn't even being built by Labors in PR!!) or just parroting what he heard. whistling.gif

I would be more than happy to sit down with you sometime and explain the Evangelion lore. It's fun. I can't guarantee that you'll understand it afterwards considering how many people before me have apparently tried and failed, but I can certainly give it my best shot.

Wow awesome find.So he got the figures and was about to watch the anime.

Nomake...I would seriously be down for that cuz apparently Eva Groupies know better then me when it comes to Eva,but some how cant explain anything.I really dont have anything against the series,great animation,voice acting and such,but the story itself stops making sense to me after a few episode and despite multiple viewings.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 16 2013, 08:03 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Slade @ 27 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
Wow awesome find.So he got the figures and was about to watch the anime.

Nomake...I would seriously be down for that cuz apparently Eva Groupies know better then me when it comes to Eva,but some how cant explain anything.I really dont have anything against the series,great animation,voice acting and such,but the story itself stops making sense to me after a few episode and despite multiple viewings.

Sounds like he was avoiding it specifically so it wouldn't 'influence' PR. Too bad the screenwriter already had those influences in mind, haha.

Send me a PM and I'll see if we can't find a time to talk about Eva. I'm online just about every night on IRC, AIM and Skype so there should be something. We'll see. smile.gif

Back to Pacific Rim, another article this time giving a little more depth to a few things. For instance, that they 'wanted realistic physics' but easily threw them right out the window if they didn't like it. So basically a 'physics is great until it gets in the way of my storytelling, then screw physics!' approach.

http://io9.com/why-pacific-rim-doesnt-look...-ever-708314921

Aaaand on with my spoilers...

SPOILER
Slade
Posted: Jul 16 2013, 09:37 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 33 minutes ago)
Sounds like he was avoiding it specifically so it wouldn't 'influence' PR. Too bad the screenwriter already had those influences in mind, haha.

Send me a PM and I'll see if we can't find a time to talk about Eva. I'm online just about every night on IRC, AIM and Skype so there should be something. We'll see. smile.gif

Back to Pacific Rim, another article this time giving a little more depth to a few things. For instance, that they 'wanted realistic physics' but easily threw them right out the window if they didn't like it. So basically a 'physics is great until it gets in the way of my storytelling, then screw physics!' approach.

http://io9.com/why-pacific-rim-doesnt-look...-ever-708314921

Aaaand on with my spoilers...

SPOILER

Yeah,interesting.Oh for sure happy.gif

Like the Article.

SPOILER

Anyway some how I want more PR,even after it seeing multiple times and reading the Prequel Book and Art Book a couple times,I want more biggrin.gif
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 16 2013, 07:58 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Slade @ Today, 9:37 AM)
SPOILER

SPOILER
Slade
Posted: Jul 17 2013, 09:06 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 8:58 PM)
SPOILER

Eh theyre more like Eva Groupies dry.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 17 2013, 10:05 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I really enjoyed it. The dialogue was pretty meh, but who cares about that. I went to see giant robots fighting giant monsters.

SPOILER

But besides that, I really enjoyed it.
Slade
Posted: Jul 24 2013, 09:26 AM

IDW Supremo Member

I dont know where the Article came from,but it just makes me want more PR.

SPOILER
Slade
Posted: Jul 28 2013, 01:02 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Alright so even tho Ive seen 6 times now,Im still confused on one part.
'
Nomake maybe you can help?
SPOILER

Also me and my buddy are working on Gypsy Danger Flight Jackets for cosplaying w00t2.gif .
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Jul 28 2013, 06:30 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Slade @ 5 hours, 27 minutes ago)
Nomake maybe you can help?
SPOILER

Also me and my buddy are working on Gypsy Danger Flight Jackets for cosplaying w00t2.gif .

SPOILER

Awesome on the flight jackets. I approve!
Slade
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 07:58 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 7:30 PM)
SPOILER

Alright thanks,yeah Im hoping it will be cleared up lata,so many theories online too blink.gif .

Yeah,were just having a problem getting down Gypsy Pin up girl logo on the front of the jacket.I know theres a pic of her on Gypsys Shoulder,but it goes by so fast in the movie.The rest isnt goinga be that hard tho.
BOZZ
Posted: Jul 29 2013, 10:04 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I saw this last week with my cousin and a friend, although and I thought it was a pretty amazing film, I was on the edge of my seat for a majority of the film.

The funny thing is my friend's complaint was some of the stuff was too cliché (true to an extent), but I liked how in the end...

SPOILER

QUOTE (HashiriyaR32 @ Jul 13 2013, 12:27 AM)
I'm in 2 scenes.  One is, as I mentioned, a "RUN FROM KAIJU" scene in Hong Kong.  The other, IIRC, is another scene with a Kaiju head in the background (a vigil of some sort).  I'm going with a friend to see this next weekend (he was also an extra, though we were never in the same scenes).

Pretty neat that an IDW member was in a movie, how did this all happen anyhow, did you apply to work as an extra for Pacific Rim?

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jul 29 2013, 10:05 PM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jul 30 2013, 12:24 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 12:30 PM)
SPOILER

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Slade
Posted: Aug 3 2013, 08:05 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Awesome happy.gif ,the lyrics fit so well.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9EEtGLLDhNY )
Slade
Posted: Aug 7 2013, 07:44 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (HashiriyaR32 @ Jul 12 2013, 09:27 PM)
I'm in 2 scenes.  One is, as I mentioned, a "RUN FROM KAIJU" scene in Hong Kong.  The other, IIRC, is another scene with a Kaiju head in the background (a vigil of some sort).  I'm going with a friend to see this next weekend (he was also an extra, though we were never in the same scenes).

Kaiju Vigil?Is this the one?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 700. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Aug 7 2013, 08:06 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Slade @ 22 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Kaiju Vigil?Is this the one?

http://mirada.bluegouda.com//images/pac-ri...ueGallery04.jpg

No dude, the one where the group of people are all standing around the remains of the kaiju in prayer. That's what a vigil is. wink2.gif It's right at the start of the movie.
Slade
Posted: Aug 7 2013, 11:04 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 57 minutes ago)
No dude, the one where the group of people are all standing around the remains of the kaiju in prayer. That's what a vigil is. wink2.gif It's right at the start of the movie.

Well he did say a Kaiju head and people standing around and this was the only thing that came to mind.When they mention morning the dead in the Prologue they show this picture along with grave sites and other Misc. stuff.Sorry unsure.gif

I found it here,dont think they have the one you mentioned Nomake
Prologue Screens
Nomake Wan
  Posted: Oct 4 2013, 09:06 PM

ShiMACHaze

So the bluray's out in the usual places and I was able to flick through it. I haven't sat down to watch the whole thing yet--that's what friends are for--but I did at least check to see if it would stream to my big-screen TV and 5.1 surround system. It does, thankfully. But in that test I found some interesting little tidbits that I'll add to my review. Spoilers as per usual, even though it's been two months since the last post.

SPOILER

That's all for now. I need to watch the movie through again to see if there's anything else I can spot. For now, I'm just gonna kick back and enjoy the bitchin' soundtrack.
Slade
Posted: Oct 6 2013, 10:48 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Wow you already got it ohmy.gif ,its no available till 10-13 here.So I have to wait another Week and half or so.Cant wait too get it tho,still my favorite movie of the yea.
Slade
Posted: Oct 16 2013, 05:26 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Yey its finally out,but I would of waited even longer for it,if there were more extras.We got maybe a lil more then an hour worth of extras.I watched all the online videos that came out before the movie and its just seemed like they took them all and trimmed em down to an hour special.

Also this non sense of store exclusives dry.gif ,BestBuy had some Anteverse thing which is only available online for 7 days from the release of the movie.Walmart had a half hour extra on History of the Jaegers.Target in Canada got a half of hour Making of Pacific Rim,also Canada got some awesome Steel-book cases.

I know GDT is working on writing the sequel now,but I wouldnt mind a Ultimate release or something for this one.Heck they even filmed a ton of stuff for this movie which didnt make it to the final cut,but at the end of the day all we got was 4 deleted scenes.2 of them I thought they should of left in,since it added to the dynamic of the characters better.I think the studio dropped the ball on this Bluray/DVD release.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 17 2013, 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Oct 16 2013, 09:26 PM)
Yey its finally out,but I would of waited even longer for it,if there were more extras.We got maybe a lil more then an hour worth of extras.I watched all the online videos that came out before the movie and its just seemed like they took them all and trimmed em down to an hour special.

Also this non sense of store exclusives dry.gif ,BestBuy had some Anteverse thing which is only available online for 7 days from the release of the movie.Walmart had a half hour extra on History of the Jaegers.Target in Canada got a half of hour Making of Pacific Rim,also Canada got some awesome Steel-book cases.

I know GDT is working on writing the sequel now,but I wouldnt mind a Ultimate release or something for this one.Heck they even filmed a ton of stuff for this movie which didnt make it to the final cut,but at the end of the day all we got was 4 deleted scenes.2 of them I thought they should of left in,since it added to the dynamic of the characters better.I think the studio dropped the ball on this Bluray/DVD release.

Boy, I realize that the producers of these films make money off of selling exclusive content to different retailers, but it sucks for people who want to actually buy a legitimate copy of the movie. It's still at least better than the Star Trek Into Darkness release which had the commentary track as an iTunes exclusive (talk about a move not making much sense).
Slade
Posted: Oct 18 2013, 10:51 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today, 12:41 AM)
Boy, I realize that the producers of these films make money off of selling exclusive content to different retailers, but it sucks for people who want to actually buy a legitimate copy of the movie. It's still at least better than the Star Trek Into Darkness release which had the commentary track as an iTunes exclusive (talk about a move not making much sense).

Yeah STID had so many store exclusives,I mean if you wanted all stuff you had to buy all the different versions.They really screwed people over for that release.

I dont mind a Steelbook or Digibook for a release at different stores,but when it comes to extras on the actual disk,then I get annoyed.

Heck the the Best Buy one for Pacific Rim is only available online and you have to sign up for Cinemanow to watch it,but you also have to pay 2 dollars to get it.So on top of the buying the disk,which is 22 bucks,you have to spend an additional 2 dollars for a so called free service,and the exclusive is only available for 7 days from the Bluray release,after that its gone.

I miss the old days where everything was on the actual disk.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 18 2013, 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ 1 hour, 30 minutes ago)
Yeah STID had so many store exclusives,I mean if you wanted all stuff you had to buy all the different versions.They really screwed people over for that release.

I dont mind a Steelbook or Digibook for a release at different stores,but when it comes to extras on the actual disk,then I get annoyed.

Heck the the Best Buy one for Pacific Rim is only available online and you have to sign up for Cinemanow to watch it,but you also have to pay 2 dollars to get it.So on top of the buying the disk,which is 22 bucks,you have to spend an additional 2 dollars for a so called free service,and the exclusive is only available for 7 days from the Bluray release,after that its gone.

I miss the old days where everything was on the actual disk.

What's worse with the STID release is that there was minimal extras, one of the store exclusives might have add behind the scenes content, but there was no deleted scenes or the like on the Blu Ray. sad.gif

If only the HD movies on iTunes were as good as the Blu Ray releases (in terms of quality and extra content) I would never buy another Blu Ray disc, especially iTunes movies don't have all those stupid previews they add on discs to annoy actual customers who buy the movies.
Slade
Posted: Oct 19 2013, 10:17 AM

IDW Supremo Member

I didnt get either Star Trek Movies,even tho I enjoyed both.I saw 1 had a ton of extras on 2 disc special edition when it came out.STID had nice exclusive Steelbook at Walmart,but very little extras.

With Pacific Rim,Im annoyed at the fact those store exclusives extras were only available on the 2D versions.Yet the 3D release was just the standard special features but the 3D had a nice slip cover.

Im still hoping for an ultimate release of PR down the road.One can hope happy.gif .

3 Pages  1 2 3