Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Result Maxi3

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

69 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 249,397  ·  Replies: 1,718 
> Wangan Midnight Anime, Read First Post!!! Has Links & Info!
Rudy
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 02:26 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Midnight Dorifuta on Nov 8 2006, 02:26 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 03:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Damn straight. Maybe... just maybe, the Anime producers will license production of a full version of the PS2 theme song... *-*
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
AWDfreak
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 04:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,742

QUOTE (71m07hySm17h @ Today at 2:17 PM)
I hope they have some of Yuzo's music in it, and *crosses fingers* the anime will help cause the manga's to be translated officially in the US. As long as its like the manga, I don't care if the cars are 3d, animated, etc.

Hell, yeah! I'd love his music to be in it! Hopefully, it won't be sold into the US by Tokyopop.....

OMFG, I can't wait.....
Rudy
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 05:00 PM

Unregistered

71m07hySm17h
  Posted: Nov 8 2006, 05:20 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 17,849

QUOTE (Midnight Dorifuta @ Today at 5:00 PM)
Or maybe even redone a bit!

No, don't mess with perfection. tongue.gif
Hatch Guy
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 06:55 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 16,215

i hope some romance sparks from reina and akio smile.gif
Rudy
Posted: Nov 10 2006, 03:59 PM

Unregistered

71m07hySm17h
  Posted: Nov 10 2006, 04:03 PM

IDW Member

Lol^
What I'm wondering about though is what the voices are going to sound like, I half-expect Tatsuya to sound like Ryousuke
DKW
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 09:04 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,344

I don't think Tokyopop is going to go for this one because they don't own any WM-related properties (PS3 game, arcade game, movies, etc.), so there isn't really any way for them to hype this. This doesn't sound like the kind of property they go for anyway...too straighforward, too down to earth, highly unsexy. Nonetheless, something this big and anticipated, it's almost inevitable that someone will take a chance on it.

And I'm pumped up for this like you wouldn't believe. I'll be blunt...it's been forever since I've given a damn about anime at all, and a lot of it has to do with how the industry sledgehammers EVERYTHING into its preset molds. I can't imagine the kind of hack job required to turn Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura into the most depressing, glacially-paced slogs imaginable (and don't get me started on Fist of the North Star). WM, however, is about racing, and that's pretty much all it's about, so I can forgive a little "personality enhancement". As long as the basic principles are adhered to...it's fast, it's dangerous, and there's only those who race and those who quit...I'll enjoy it. Hell, I'll relish it.

I'm going to have this. I'll import if I have to. This is just too cool, too radical, hell, too different to miss out on.
BOZZ
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 09:07 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

That, and Tokyopop is almost completely out of the licensing of anime, their last being Initial D.
xiao
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 11:41 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (DKW)
and don't get me started on Fist of the North Star.

Fist of the North Star is an overly tragic cheese fest, it's the bottom of the shonen tar pit, it's just so stupid and ridiculous that it makes me laugh... it's cartoon nonsense, and I love it... it's Kazuo Koike for high schoolers, some people like it, most people don't. If you're talking about the way it was handled in the US, I couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (DKW)
and a lot of it has to do with how the industry sledgehammers EVERYTHING into its preset molds.

I blame Gainax and moe. MOEEE!!![/patrickmacias]

QUOTE (DKW)
I'm going to have this. I'll import if I have to. This is just too cool, too radical, hell, too different to miss out on.

Let's hope it's a faithfull adaptation of the manga. The first studio I'm banking/hoping on is OB Planning. Production IG could be an option, but to be honest I would prefer Sunrise over them. It'd be good if the got the guy who directed Third Stage too.

QUOTE (awdrifter)
Hopefully Eurobeat.

It all depends if they work with Avex, but even if they do, I'd prefer music akin to the arcade. WM and Eurobeat just don't mix in my eyes.

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Nov 11 2006, 12:01 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 02:55 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

lol, can't believe i've been misreading the title of the all this time! Rather than anime, i thought it said manga lol =P
I don't know much bout Wangan apart that it's bout Highway racing, but i'm still looking forward to it though. Hopefully it can live up to all this hype you guys make it out to be tongue.gif

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Nov 11 2006, 03:00 PM
Chidoki
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 03:23 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

Well the best part about Wangan is the fact that we know the manga has been around the same length of time Initial D manga has been around, shown by the same shonen weekly manga publishers, and with the same amount of manga chapters both of them near the 500 chapter mark.

With that thought alone we know there should be a lot of story. If we should be of any worry is if the anime is going to be not the same as the manga story but altered (or worst, butchered) which I hope won't ever happen.
71m07hySm17h
  Posted: Nov 11 2006, 03:56 PM

IDW Member

Well, techinically WM came first and has made the most advancements(made in 1993), cause in the manga I believe it is 2005(?), and in Initial D its like 1999.
Godigy
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 04:57 PM

GO KICKY FAST!!!

Member No.: 2,597

Cheers to a Wangan Midnight!!
71m07hySm17h
  Posted: Nov 11 2006, 07:25 PM

IDW Member

I'm beginning to wonder if the PS3 version of WM will have snippets of the anime into it, check this video of the PS3 version (I think it's the opening?) https://youtube.com/watch?v=Xhi1Gb6rZ2E
Hatch Guy
Posted: Nov 12 2006, 09:53 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

that PS2 intro song to WM would be a nice song to use for DVD menus when they have WM on DVD-Video. smile.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 12 2006, 01:58 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (71m07hySm17h @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM)
I'm beginning to wonder if the PS3 version of WM will have snippets of the anime into it, check this video of the PS3 version (I think it's the opening?) https://youtube.com/watch?v=Xhi1Gb6rZ2E

That uses a bunch of recycled animation from the opening to the PS2 game, actually.
71m07hySm17h
  Posted: Nov 12 2006, 04:23 PM

IDW Member

You sure? Reina looks an awful lot different, and the characters that flash up when the Devil Z zooms by.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 12 2006, 04:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

I'm sure, because I've seen the PS2 intro a bunch of times... the images that flash up with the cars are definitely straight from that video. Especially the scene of Black Bird shifting gears... straight from the PS2 intro.

So maybe the CG is better (hard to tell from that low-quality capture), but the 2D is the same as the PS2.

EDIT: I don't mean that the PS3 intro IS the PS2 intro. I just mean that they recycled a lot of 2D stuff from the PS2 intro to make the PS3 one.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Nov 12 2006, 04:41 PM
71m07hySm17h
  Posted: Nov 12 2006, 08:01 PM

IDW Member

Yea the blackbird shifting was badass in both vids though, but I hope we get to see all the characters animated, hopefully that deeply.
DKW
Posted: Nov 15 2006, 11:23 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,344

I'm not concerned by how it'll be handled, because, quite frankly, this isn't the kind of story that lends itself to butchery. By far the worst excesses I've seen are 1. Ramrodding the characters into preset anime archtypes, 2. screwing with the story so much that it's practically an entirely new story altogether, 3. being way, way too dark/serious/heavy/intense, and 4. making up all kinds of personal dynamics, especially when they involve characters not in the manga. The personalities are pretty ruidmentary, so #1 and #4 aren't a concern, there's really no point to #2, and this isn't a bright or funny series by any means, minimizing the risk of #3.

This is a story about street racers and street racing, period. The anime machine, for all its flaws, knows how to do that.

I'm actually kinda interested to see what everyone's going to look like, particularly RGO Yamanaka and the like. Is there an anime artist who knows how to do pinhole eyes? smile.gif
xiao
Posted: Nov 16 2006, 12:02 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (DKW @ Today at 12:23 AM)
I'm not concerned by how it'll be handled, because, quite frankly, this isn't the kind of story that lends itself to butchery. By far the worst excesses I've seen are 1. Ramrodding the characters into preset anime archtypes, 2. screwing with the story so much that it's practically an entirely new story altogether, 3. being way, way too dark/serious/heavy/intense, and 4. making up all kinds of personal dynamics, especially when they involve characters not in the manga. The personalities are pretty ruidmentary, so #1 and #4 aren't a concern, there's really no point to #2, and this isn't a bright or funny series by any means, minimizing the risk of #3.

This is a story about street racers and street racing, period. The anime machine, for all its flaws, knows how to do that.

I'm actually kinda interested to see what everyone's going to look like, particularly RGO Yamanaka and the like. Is there an anime artist who knows how to do pinhole eyes? smile.gif

^ I was thinking about character design butchery also. I don't doubt that the story will remain faithful, but some fans can't get past the art. I like the way the characters are drawn, it's part of what makes Wangan what it is... if Akio ends up looking like standard protagonist number 50 just to please some of the fans, Wangan wouldn't feel right. But yeah, the personalities and mood of the story don't easily lend themselves to be tampered with. So pointless concern on my behalf tongue.gif

And getting a little off topic, but you mentioned that there's nothing really worth watching lately. I just remembered about a title set for release next year, it's Yoshiaki Kawajiri's next movie. Nothing car related, but besides Wangan I'd keep a close eye on it.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
71m07hySm17h
  Posted: Nov 16 2006, 09:21 AM

IDW Member

Wow, I don't see how anyone can call WM character art ugly, I like it almost more than ID, but I love the cars and racing in WM more. But I really hope they don't go butchering it because this is one of those few anime series I really care about.
Hatch Guy
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 03:23 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I wonder if Bandai is gonna license it under Bandai Visual? Since Namco and Bandai joined together.

69 Pages  1 2 3 4 »