Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dino Starr - Give Me Your Love

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 18,454  ·  Replies: 30 
> New “Dragon Ball Super” TV Series Announced in 15, Found it via comment section on dragon ball kai
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 16 2015, 01:34 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 2 hours, 30 minutes ago)
Yeah, they did have some shitty explanation. But c'mon... why so much Gohan hate??

Well he's always jobbed throughout the series. I mean this is the character who couldn't do anything without his daddy. awesome.gif

As for his training, I'm confused about that as well. Elder Kai's technique should have been permanent in pulling out every ounce of potential Gohan had, thus making it so that not only does he not need to go Super Saiyan, but he can't. Except now he does.

On top of that they forget about Movie 12 as far as Freeza goes...

I'm enjoying Super/Movies, but... yeah there are still things that make me wish Toriyama had gone back and rewatched his own stuff.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
Posted: Dec 16 2015, 01:51 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ 2 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Being a fanboy (and having watched a few of the episodes), Im not loving the fact they de-powered a few of the characters we have come to know as pretty strong.

Yeah, they did have some shitty explanation. But c'mon... why so much Gohan hate??

Explained as Gohan failing to train at all in the many years since fighting Buu. His body cannot handle the strain of powering up anymore. They explained it the same way in the now non-canon GT. Everybody else trains. Gohan doesn't. That's why everybody is more powerful than him. Hell, he suffered the same problem after the time skip between killing Cell and fighting Buu. Vegeta specifically mentioned that even after going SSJ2 at the world tournament, his power level had diminished considerably since he was a child fighting Cell, as he hadn't been training.

In Resurrection F, he thought that he may be able to transform into Super Saiyajin, and he does, but it's brief and he isn't that much more powerful. He is more powerful than anybody else in the scene, including Piccolo, but Freeza manages to pulverize him in a single punch. Goku arrives, stays in base form, and stomps Freeza flat like it's nothing. Gohan just isn't the monster he once was. But at least he admits it.

Is it bullshit? Saiyajin are shown to be creatures of habit, obsessively training in order to maintain and improve their strength. Goku and Vegeta are driven entirely by this habit. Gohan is not, as he is not full blooded and took to his own mother's desire for him to study and improve his mind rather than his body.
Tessou
Posted: Nov 4 2016, 09:44 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Admittedly, I had sort of given up on Super as that fucking tournament arc never seemed to end. Even when it did, they pushed out two filler arcs that were less than interesting. The only good that came out of that whole period was finally explaining the Super Dragon Balls.

Finally, the new arc began a few months ago, and I've caught up with it. I thought Super was beyond saving, but I was wrong. Nah. Toriyama pulled it off. All of that garbage was, in small increments, leading up to the payoff that is this fucking arc. Goku meeting Zen-Oh? There was a reason for it. Super Dragon Balls? They have a distinct purpose. Worthwhile fusions? THEY'RE BACK. Not only do we get a good Potara fusion, we're being led to believe that Vegetto/Gogeta could be appearing. Gogeta appearing would mean that he is finally a canon character. Kaioshin came back in the tournament arc, split from Kibito, with his Potara earrings intact. They weren't able to explain why due to fuckery with the script, but apparently it's possible. This would mean that Vegetto doesn't have to be a permanent fusion.

It also runs with this arc's theme of mortals versus gods. The Potara earrings are a fusion method developed by the gods, while the Metamoran fusion dance is a mortal version that is described as "imperfect". There's a lot of math to be done in determining power output from the fusion dance, but it doesn't have the same potential as the earrings do, as the calculation for the dance requires both parties to have the same power level... which means Goku has to hold himself back a little bit. Also, power level determines the length of the fusion, and at this point a Super Saiyajin Blue Gogeta would probably have a very short window before being exhausted and split. Potara fusion has no such limits. The only problem would be if they fused while powered up, which would kill them via draining their power in short order because they'd be forced into that powered up form permanently.

The big bad motherfucker of this arc, Zamasu, just used Potara fusion to become an immortal diety. This means that the "powered up fusion" lifespan issue is meaningless to him. He's already effortlessly destroyed Goku and Vegeta in their most powerful forms, so it's only a matter of time before they acquiesce to desperate measures to stand a chance.

Also, Zamasu is voiced by Shinichiro Miki, so there's your Initial D tie-in.
awdrifter
Posted: Mar 8 2024, 10:21 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evUbszDnSMg )

Dragon Ball Creator Akira Toriyama Dies at 68

RIP. sad.gif
wasdessty
Posted: Mar 8 2024, 05:36 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,295

I would say that he had a profound impact on not just anime and manga but also on the planet as well but that would be a massive understatement.
hippopotomoose
Posted: Mar 8 2024, 08:00 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 4,046

RIP Akira Toriyama. April 5, 1955 - March 1, 2024.

2 Pages  1 2