Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Karen - Fly in the Sky

48 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 155,171  ·  Replies: 1,178 
> The New Theory on FF Drifting.
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 09:43 AM

Unregistered

Why would anybody ever pull the e brake near the end of the turn? 1. slow exit speed, 2. waste tire tread. In any kind of racing "slow entry = fast exit" in other words "oversteer in - grip out," hell, people should have learned that watching Initial D biggrin.gif
Neo Vash
  Posted: Dec 7 2002, 11:47 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

Well even if he did pull the ebrake at the end of the drift. He stilled enter the drift and drifted the corner to the end. And like guest said. That whould be stupid the pull the e-brake at the end all you will do is slow your self down and mabe even spin out. So the obvious thing whould be that he acclerated .
karasac
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 02:19 PM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Neo Vash @ Dec 7 2002, 08:44 AM)
Iam still looking for an a video but heres a picture to keep your mind wondering for a little bit.

here is a integra drifting.

that doesnt even look like hes drifting, no counter-steer,he looks like hes just gripping the corner

and just because u get sideways in a corner doesnt mean ur drifting

u say sliding and drifting r diferent, yes they r but i think u dont know the difference.

Akain
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 02:27 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 106

Now you have to resort to name calling. Well, i can be childish too. Learn to SPELL and back up your claims with hard evidence. I did not contradict myself, I showed you two sides of an argument, but unfortunately, you probably can't understand english.

Before you even start making false claims, get a car! Get your little integra, and show me. Show me an FF drifting. Not a still pic because that picture of an integra does not show any drifting.

You were "breed into hondas"

How sad for you. Not to flame them (because I own one myself), but go to japan and look for your little integra, they are practically nill. Does that mean they're bad, no.

Laws of Physics can be broken?
Next he'll say he can make his integra fly higher than an airplane.

Why don't you come down here and fly your little imaginary rice integra and after that maybe you can do a little imaginary drifting. Aside from that, I don't care about any little false claims you make without any hard evidence. Grow up, get a car, and learn something.
bunta_boi
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 03:57 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Neo Vash @ Dec 6 2002, 05:32 PM)
Not necesarliy. The FR miught have the uper hand but the FF does have a chance of winning. If you were to race a FF you whould not enter the drift in the beggining but at the Exit. So naturally the FR will take longer to drift the corner will the FF will pass him then drift a fast exit.

because of initial D, nothing is certain now....nothing has the upper hand, everything has an equal chance of winning.....lets all rmb the lan-evo IV that thought it could....then there was the 86 that DID.....so FF has equal chance as FR....juss depends on BLING and SKILL.....
karasac
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 05:40 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (bunta_boi @ Dec 6 2002, 03:42 PM)
thas what i say bro! me thinks that saying an FF is 'ass-dragging' is juss a show of denial

i think its the other way around, the FF "ass-draggers" r the ones in denial

if FF's could drift i think that they would have been doing it in japan already, they cam up with drifting so if FF drifting was possible they would have already done it.

and yes i did use veliocity as my one of my sources for my argument because they have been drifting in japan for years and they know what they are talking about.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 06:54 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

Still waiting for that video.................................
bunta_boi
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 08:20 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

hey man dont take me wrong...i only have childish faith in FF....i dont know too much....got no lisence....my dad drive an aerio so me juss wishful for it hehehe but yah....i dont know too much of this car stuff gotta read it up....lol yah im unexperienced person and yes that is all
]{aya
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 08:26 PM

Old HOT PINK Schmuck

Member No.: 47

ok its very simple bunta...whit a FR you have the front wheels controling the drift and the rear wheels giving power, whit a FF, the front wheels do both, and the back is like "lugage" the front wheels have to carry ...so thats why its not possible...exept for ass drag

sarudrifter
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 10:03 PM

Unregistered

hehe this is funny as hell!! rite now i have a 97 civic hatch...and yes i have tried to "drift" and i call it "ass-dragging" with a FF cuz thats what i did! i did video tape, but it wasnt a drift! i think the term ass dragging is appropriate becuz thats what i was doin...if u dun believe me go try it yourself. i do want to drift so im planning on getting a 180sx (89-94 240sx) because to really drift u have to have an FR layout....dont argue anymore becuz with an FF its not a drift!...let me say again i've tried it! tongue.gif
Jayson
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 10:39 PM

Preach it my brother
karasac
Posted: Dec 7 2002, 10:49 PM

Rotary Disciple

QUOTE (Neo Vash @ Dec 7 2002, 08:24 AM)
And if your going to go by all the velocity crap well then you cant drift either. Because it directly says that the people who drift are young Japanese men in the early 20's and some middle age men. The definitiaon of a drift is getting your self sidesways around a corner more then once at a time.

ok, it says japanese men because it originated in japan and at the time the site was made(which was about 3 years ago) the US drifting scene was small to non-existant.

and just because u get sideways in a corner doesnt mean ur drifting.
Real Drifter
Posted: Dec 8 2002, 01:27 AM

Unregistered

LOL! Drift An FF. What a Dumbass

He made a theory, HAHAHA......

I don't know if the rest of you guys noticed, but dis joker's pickin a fight with all of you, and you guys are dumb enough to let this little boy get to you. LOL!

I think he's basically insulted a majority of this message board, and he hasn't even proven that you can drift a FWD. That pic sux ass btw Neo Vash.

Here's my impression of Neo Vash with MY theory of reverse drifting:

Ya guys, it is POSSIBLE. I slam my car into reverse, and get it up to speeds of about 65mph, and I drift it through corner after corner on the track...IN REVERSE. Next, let my web designer buddy make a website that says I am a "reverse drifter" And if that aint enuf proof for ya, let me take a still picture of the back of my car experiencing major body roll, tires that are so slick, neither the front or rear tires are smoking, with my reverse lights on. That lovely picture should prove I can drift the car in reverse. Oh, but don't expect a video cuz it aint possible, so I cant show you a video. And if you say I'm lying, I'll tell you to shut up and stop talkin shit and make fun of you cuz I feel bad.

And that is my impression of Neo Vash.
I dare this idiot to take his argument to a CAR forum. They will laugh themselves silly, especially if its true that he doesn't even OWN a car. HAHAHAHAHA......
Real Drifter
Posted: Dec 8 2002, 01:41 AM

Unregistered

Oh, one more thing for you guys to think about:

If a high skill drifter shifts the weight of his car to swing the rear sideways, how the hell do you do that in an FF with all the weight in the front. LOL! Maybe Neo Vash should try drifting in reverse in his FF, he'll porly have a better chance doin that than doin his little FF driftin.

And another thing, what kind of cars do you guys drive who are arguing against him. Not that I'm defendin the little boy or supportin him, but y'all are pretty stupid if you guys don't even have cars that can drift meaning FR or AWD? do you even have cars? are there even ppl on this website who drive yet?
ImprezaSTi27
Posted: Dec 8 2002, 02:27 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 101

All of you go get yourselves a real car..with AWD. I'll meet you in the dirt lot and show you why all of your wheels should be getting power, instead of just two you wrong wheel drive bastards.

laugh.gif jk

PEEEEEEEEEEACE

Alex
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Guest_ryosuke
Posted: Dec 8 2002, 11:43 PM

Unregistered

Geee... how F**king gay. Let me see, FF drifting.... quit smoking the crack kid. And as for the rather childish comment of being breed into the Honda line... what the hell did your mom do? Ride an old 1980 civic and you were born? Let me explain something to you... I used to own a 97 Lude.... I've powerslid in that car every which way... and it wasn't drifting due to the crappy front to back weight ratio and the fact that no matter how HARD I tried, I could not sustain a drift. I own a 3KGT, and I can powerslide around a corner, but I know that it will only be one corner at a time, can not keep it continous. But alas, I do drift a S13... its easy to get the drift initiated. And do you know what we use the E-Brake for? Its to correct our line... not used mainly as a drift initiator. Stop smoking the crack, and watching Initial D. See if you can find a real drifter that goes touge online, and he'll tell you that some of the shit on Initial D that you think is so cool is fake.
karasac
Posted: Dec 9 2002, 12:42 AM

Rotary Disciple

well it looks like its now seven to one against neo vash.

hmmm, i think ill pin this thread.

Jayson
Posted: Dec 9 2002, 10:51 AM

It seems to me that the general idea here is that FF can't drift. And it seems to me that the general idea is correct, so I suggest closing this thread and leaving it at that.
teknoman
  Posted: Dec 9 2002, 12:30 PM

Unregistered

I think the FF can't drift at all. I have to agree with Jayson & karasac about that you see I went to inside drift overview click on this link it will give you all the details why can't an FF's can't drift http://velocity.isfaster.com/drift/overvie...ew/overview.htm
karasac
Posted: Dec 9 2002, 01:59 PM

Rotary Disciple

cmon neo vash, where r u, its been 2 days since ur last response, i wanna see what u have to say before i close this thead.
Jayson
Posted: Dec 9 2002, 04:05 PM

still waiting for video
karasac
Posted: Dec 9 2002, 04:41 PM

Rotary Disciple

u want a video of an FF trying to drift?...here ya go,it was posted sometime ago: http://www.cbdesign.ch/video/filme/testdrive.mpg
Jayson
Posted: Dec 9 2002, 06:13 PM

lol, I remember that! dumb ass biggrin.gif
Alex
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 03:50 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

hahha that was horrible!. to me it looks like the biggest mistake was putting that driver in! the way he came out of it looked like he completely let go.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Guest_Neo Vash
Posted: Dec 10 2002, 05:23 PM

Unregistered

Sorry I havent been on in a while. School has been getting in the way. Oh and for you jayson i ordered a tape about it. Once i get it i will put some clips on ok. And as for whoever the dumbass who said that i said you use the e-brake to initiate the drift. Read the whole F**king post. I and quorte me "using the e-brake for the drift isnt really a drift" so take it up your ass.
oh and for whoever said go out and try it. Well i did. And i did get the back to lose traction and get around the corner. And I will not say that FF cant drift. I will always belive they can. And for the person who said thier was no Acura Integras in japan, MABE THE IS BECAUSE THIER IS NO SUCH THING AS ACURA IN JAPAN DUMB ASS. Its just a honda thier. I'am just going to give up fighting with you guys. Thiers no point if your just going to fight back agaisnt me. I can care less if you dont belive it. As long as iam out having the fun with it thats all that really matters.

well peace out.

p.s.- impreza fag AWD arent that great. You might think that the impreza is all that with its 276hp. But the fact is that it only gets a 100 and something to the wheels.

well later, I'am off making a site and i probably wont be on that much to debate it anymore(thus why iam giving up on this fight). On a real drifter iam not trying to make fun of anyone, Iam just trying to put out what i believe.

48 Pages  1 2 3 4 »