Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing dispair

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 51,777  ·  Replies: 81 
> Initial D Definitive Ver [Multi-Audio][Multi-Subs]
Hadrins
    Posted: Feb 22 2018, 10:26 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,724

user posted image

Hi, I’m Elektronik and I’m a massive fan of Initial D. As you can see on the thread title, yes, I’m doing the definitive version of Initial D with DragsterPS (maybe you know him for his releases on nyaa). I’m currently working with a fansub (Radio Galaxia) who’s making all the karaokes and forced subs of the show in Spanish.
Our goal is to make a multi-audio and multi-subs version. It’ll be the best Initial D release you’ll ever see: the best raws, all the dubs and subs available (in its maximum quality) and all the extras that we can get (Full Throttle booklet scans, etc.)
To make this release possible, we need our help: at the moment we have a lot of material to do the release, but we still have to buy some DVD/BD. If you have some DVD or BD please tell us so we don’t have to buy it. If someone wants to help us with that, please send me a MP. The username of those who collaborated with the project will appear in the "Special Thanks" section of this post.

Here is a list of all the things that we currently have:
-Pit 1 (Japanese BD) (First Stage, Second Stage)
-Pit 3 (Japanese BD) (Fifth Stage, Final Stage)
-Full Throttle – First Stage (Japanese DVD) Vol. 1-2
-Full Throttle – Fourth Stage (Japanese DVD) Vol. 1
-Third Stage Special Box (Japanese DVD)
-Fourth Stage (Japanese DVD) Vol. 1-12
-Kazé Box 2 (French BD) (Third Stage, Fourth Stage, Extra Stage 1)
-JONU Complete Box (Spanish DVD) (First Stage, Second Stage, Third Stage, Fourth Stage and Extra Stage 1)
-Funimation First Stage (USA DVD) Part 1-2
-Funimation Second Stage (USA DVD)
-Funimation Third Stage + Extra Stage (USA DVD)
-Funimation Fourth Stage (USA DVD) Part 1-2
-Extra Stage 1-2 (Japanese DVD)
-Kazé Box 3 (French BD) (Fifth Stage, Final Stage, Extra Stage 2)

Then these are the items that we’ll have to buy (haven’t been uploaded on internet):
-Pit 2 (Japanese BD) (Third Stage, Fourth Stage, Extra Stage 1-2, Battle Stage 1-2) (If we don’t buy it the only thing we won’t have in HD will be the Battle Stage 1-2)
-Full Throttle – Second Stage (Japanese DVD)
-Full Throttle – Third Stage and Extra Stage (Japanese DVD)
-Full Throttle – Fourth Stage (Japanese DVD) Vol. 2
-Kazé Box 1 (French BD) (First Stage, Second Stage)
-First Stage (Japanese DVD) Vol. 1-7
-Second Stage (Japanese DVD) Vol. 1-4
-Battle Stage 1-2 (Japanese DVD)

As far as I know there are these dubs:
-Japanese (1-6+Extra+Battle)
-French (1-6+Extra)
-Spanish (1-4+Extra)
-English (1-4+Extra)
-Cantonese (1-4+Extra)
-Latinamerican Spanish (1-2)
-Brazilian Portuguese (1-2)
-Chinese (1-4)
-Tagalog (1-4)
If I forgot a dub please tell me!

Apart from money, we also need your collaboration: We’ll need to OCR all the subtitles taken from the DVD and BD to apply all the styles. The problem is that OCR isn’t always good. That’s why someone will have to revise the OCRed subs before using them (for example, some programs recognize the I [i] with an l [L]). We’ll tell you how many people we need and from which country (It’s better that a French person revise French subs for example).

If anyone wants to collaborate don’t hesitate to contact me or DragsterPS.
Thank you very much!

user posted image

- Fujito10
-
-

This post has been edited by Hadrins on Mar 4 2018, 12:54 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 22 2018, 04:12 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I don't think Paypal is going to be very happy about you collecting donations in order to purchase goods which you will then distribute illegally.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
Posted: Feb 22 2018, 09:19 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

We already have someone saving up for the Pit2 box, so it'd probably be better to wait for him to rip that and focus on the other stuff for now. Anyway, good luck with getting everything together.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Feb 22 2018, 11:22 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Feb 22 2018, 09:58 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 42 minutes ago)
I don't think Paypal is going to be very happy about you collecting donations in order to purchase goods which you will then distribute illegally.

user posted image

Neat project, best of luck with it.

QUOTE (Hadrins @ Yesterday, 2:26 PM)

As far as I know there are these dubs:
-Japanese (1-6+Extra+Battle)
-French (1-6+Extra)
-Spanish (1-4+Extra)
-English (1-4+Extra)
-Cantonese (1-4+Extra)
-Latinamerican Spanish (1-2)
-Brazilian Portuguese (1-2)
If I forgot a dub please tell me!

IIRC there was a Tagalog dub for at least First Stage.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 02:27 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 48,649

QUOTE (Meteor @ 5 hours, 8 minutes ago)
We already have someone saving up for the Pit2 box, so it'd probably be better to wait for him to rip that and focus on the other stuff for now. Anyway, good luck with getting everything together.

Yeah , I know it, but for now we can use the French BD which is nearly the same.

IIRC there was a Tagalog dub for at least First Stage

Thanks for the info! Do you know where to find it (in the maximum quality possible)
fujito10
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:26 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 47,812

QUOTE (DragsterPS @ 4 hours, 58 minutes ago)
Yeah , I know it, but for now we can use the French BD which is nearly the same.

Thanks for the info! Do you know where to find it (in the maximum quality possible)

Trouble is... the French release doesn't have Battle Stage. On top of that, Battle Stage 1 has no raws existing online in full.
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 09:40 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (fujito10 @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Trouble is... the French release doesn't have Battle Stage. On top of that, Battle Stage 1 has no raws existing online in full.

Yes, I know, but at least we'll have extra stage 2 in HD. For Battle Stage, don't worry, we'll buy the DVD anyways (don't know when btw)

Battle Stage is not a priority for now. First we'll do the show, starting with First Stage obviously.

This post has been edited by DragsterPS on Feb 23 2018, 09:43 AM
alex1287
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 09:46 AM

OVER 9000!

Member No.: 38,532

Nice project. We are waiting for this biggrin.gif I wanted see all in BD wink2.gif
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:05 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (alex1287 @ 18 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
Nice project. We are waiting for this biggrin.gif I wanted see all in BD wink2.gif

Actually we're not going to use the BD video for all the stages. For example, First Stage R2Js will be probably better than the upscaled BD We still have to compare it so I can not confirm it, but as soon as I know it I will post some comparison between the sources.
Meteor
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:26 AM

The Tagalog dub (and a very ancient English dub) aired on the Animax channel in Asian territories. I don't think they were ever released on home video.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (fujito10 @ 3 hours, 2 minutes ago)
On top of that, Battle Stage 1 has no raws existing online in full.

For bluray, sure. DVDs exist.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
alex1287
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:35 AM

OVER 9000!

QUOTE (DragsterPS @ 30 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Actually we're not going to use the BD video for all the stages. For example, First Stage R2Js will be probably better than the upscaled BD We still have to compare it so I can not confirm it, but as soon as I know it I will post some comparison between the sources.

1 and 2 not but 3 I know is beautiful on BD biggrin.gif I dont know how look extra stage and battle stage smile.gif
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 11:28 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Meteor @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
The Tagalog dub (and a very ancient English dub) aired on the Animax channel in Asian territories. I don't think they were ever released on home video.

Ok thank you. The old dub is available on home video, it is the Tokyopop version. About the tagalog dub, I will search on internet to see if I can find it.
Meteor
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 12:19 PM

I wasn't talking about the Tokyopop dub. There exist 3 English dubs: The Tokyopop dubs, the Animax English dubs for First and Second Stage, and the Funimation dubs. The Animax ones were never released on video.
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 12:21 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Meteor @ 2 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
I wasn't talking about the Tokyopop dub. There exist 3 English dubs: The Tokyopop dubs, the Animax English dubs for First and Second Stage, and the Funimation dubs. The Animax ones were never released on video.

Interesting! Do you know where to find the Animax Dub?
Meteor
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 12:31 PM

Animax stopped rerunning those dubs years ago, so either the broadcast video is gathering dust in some storage place now, or they threw it out. I don't think anyone recorded them while they were still airing.
avens
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:19 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,875

Maybe if you put a "special thanks" section in the credits, thanking the donors, then more people would be inclined to donate. After all it's associating oneself to what could become the only Initial D release on the Internet.

I hope this project succeeds. Every time I've thought of watching the non-main Initial D content I've just ended up not doing so because everything is so dispersed. Plus I don't know what's actually worth watching/reading. This release could fix that, by putting everything together, and including a.txt file as a watch guide.

And please keep it simple. One English sub; no repeated content. Just include the best one.

edit: Might as well ask, about what else I've personally missed. I've read all of the original manga, on the original release, including fifth and final stage when they were finally made. I've also watched the anime, from seasons 1 through 4, and the two Battle Stages. All them were the original/first releases. Haven't watched the anime version of fifth and final because I didn't like the manga version that much. In short, I'm the usual old school Initial D guy that didn't keep up with the spin offs and most OVAs, that had long ago watched and read seasons 1 through 4, and came back only for the 5th-final stages in manga form. Is there anything else worth watching, or maybe a reboot that's just a must-watch? Thanks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by avens on Feb 23 2018, 07:42 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:50 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

I 100% swear I've seen a clip of the Animax tagalog dub somewhere a long time ago, probably YouTube. But I never saw a full rip and since they were never on home video, would probably be impossible to acquire.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 24 2018, 02:03 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (avens @ 6 hours, 44 minutes ago)
Maybe if you put a "special thanks" section in the credits, thanking the donors, then more people would be inclined to donate. After all it's associating oneself to what could become the only Initial D release on the Internet.

I hope this project succeeds. Every time I've thought of watching the non-main Initial D content I've just ended up not doing so because everything is so dispersed. Plus I don't know what's actually worth watching/reading. This release could fix that, by putting everything together, and including a.txt file as a watch guide.

And please keep it simple. One English sub; no repeated content. Just include the best one.

edit: Might as well ask, about what else I've personally missed. I've read all of the original manga, on the original release, including fifth and final stage when they were finally made. I've also watched the anime, from seasons 1 through 4, and the two Battle Stages. All them were the original/first releases. Haven't watched the anime version of fifth and final because I didn't like the manga version that much. In short, I'm the usual old school Initial D guy that didn't keep up with the spin offs and most OVAs, that had long ago watched and read seasons 1 through 4, and came back only for the 5th-final stages in manga form. Is there anything else worth watching, or maybe a reboot that's just a must-watch? Thanks.

Hi, finally we're not going to put a donations link to avoid legal problems. If you want to help us with buying Initial D boxes, please contact Elektronik (hadrins).
About the English subs, I don't know how we're going to do it, as kyonpalm says Talagog will be nearly impossible to obtain it, including the oldest English dub and Tokyopop's dub (which can be bought, but first we're focusing on raws).

Thanks for the feedback, as soon as we can we'll post a job list for those who want to collaborate.

This post has been edited by DragsterPS on Feb 24 2018, 02:21 AM
Racer4WD
Posted: Feb 24 2018, 01:29 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 49,436

Well,you can find the Brazilian Portuguese dub of Initial D in this link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wagnerpicussa
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 24 2018, 01:49 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Racer4WD @ 19 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
Well,you can find the Brazilian Portuguese dub of Initial D in this link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Wagnerpicussa

Hi, thanks for the info, but we already have the Brazilian dub pf First and Second Stage with a higher quality. Btw, do you know it Third Stage has been dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese? The youtube video of the film was removed for copyright.

Thank you!
Racer4WD
Posted: Feb 25 2018, 07:03 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 49,436

QUOTE (DragsterPS @ Yesterday, 1:49 PM)
Hi, thanks for the info, but we already have the Brazilian dub pf First and Second Stage with a higher quality. Btw, do you know it Third Stage has been dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese? The youtube video of the film was removed for copyright.

Thank you!

Nope.Only First and Second Stage got dubbed here in Brazil.It's too bad that the other Stages doesn't got dubbed and aired in any Cartoon or Anime channel
DragsterPS
Posted: Feb 25 2018, 01:30 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Racer4WD @ 6 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Nope.Only First and Second Stage got dubbed here in Brazil.It's too bad that the other Stages doesn't got dubbed and aired in any Cartoon or Anime channel

Ok thanks for the info. I've made a document to keep track of all the dubs we have. You can watch it here: Initial D Dub Status

PD: If someone knows if the Tagalog dub of Extra Stage 1 exist please let me know.
DragsterPS
Posted: Mar 2 2018, 01:09 PM

IDW Full Member

I added more info to the document. Now it contains some info about the video we'll be using. I'll also add a subtitles section and more info about video (encoding parameters, image comparisons, etc.)

Initial D Definitive Version Status
alex1287
Posted: Mar 3 2018, 06:52 AM

OVER 9000!

I can't wait for 3rd Stage 1080p and more biggrin.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 »