Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Just Flat Out

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

33 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 220,133  ·  Replies: 824 
> So what anime are you currently watching?
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 08:54 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 2 hours, 1 minutes ago)
Most of the ongoing anime that I watched have finished their runs, so currently I'm not following anything much. When is the next anime season? It's an irony that when you have so much time in the holidays, there is nothing to watch but during the busiest times of my semester I always have like 3-4 series to follow.  sweatingbullets.gif

As Don said, it's just started last week. Look here for a full list of series that are airing, and start dates.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2000 x 4469. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

QUOTE (r3d$unz @ 1 minute, 12 seconds ago)
Currently watching "K". its a little jumbled up but interesting regardless.

Hahaha, you posted that literally one second before I made my post. I saw the first ep too and it does look great! A bit confusing at times, yes, but I'll be following it.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Oct 6 2012, 08:57 AM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nerubian
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 09:57 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,931

QUOTE (Girls und Panzer)
The story centers around high school girls who drives tanks that exist in real life, as the compete in teams.

Sounds weird. derp.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 11:04 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 9 minutes ago)
As Don said, it's just started last week. Look here for a full list of series that are airing, and start dates.

http://i.minus.com/iQKbbyPxJKK99.jpg

Hahaha, you posted that literally one second before I made my post. I saw the first ep too and it does look great! A bit confusing at times, yes, but I'll be following it.

Not using cartdriver's charts! 2012!! Come on, this is way easier to read and is much more complete.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1870 x 5704. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 12:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

WOAH WOAH WOAH, look at the section for Initial D on that. It says it's listed for only 6 episodes! ohmy.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 12:41 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Only 6 episodes? Are there anime series that ever had such a small amount of episodes? Maybe fifth stage will have several seasons that contains 6 episodes?
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 12:54 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 13 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
Are there anime series that ever had such a small amount of episodes?

FLCL was 6 episodes, IIRC. Normally, series that are that short are just called OVAs.
Chidoki
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 02:11 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

There's going to be more episodes than 6, that's just a list of all the anime of that season and Initial D will be around for more seasons at that pace. For those who remember Initial D episodes releases back in 4th stage at the time they only announced 14 episodes total in 2004 to 2005, and just showed the next 2 episodes on their website every 2 months until it finished up to 24 episodes.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 07:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 7 hours, 3 minutes ago)
WOAH WOAH WOAH, look at the section for Initial D on that. It says it's listed for only 6 episodes! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 6 hours, 46 minutes ago)
Only 6 episodes? Are there anime series that ever had such a small amount of episodes? Maybe fifth stage will have several seasons that contains 6 episodes?

QUOTE (Chidoki @ 5 hours, 16 minutes ago)
There's going to be more episodes than 6, that's just a list of all the anime of that season and Initial D will be around for more seasons at that pace.  For those who remember Initial D episodes releases back in 4th stage at the time they only announced 14 episodes total in 2004 to 2005, and just showed the next 2 episodes on their website every 2 months until it finished up to 24 episodes.

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=44...dpost&p=1244652

EDIT: I don't use the twitter, so someone who uses that thing should probably do what it says on the bottom of the chart. It's still a much more complete, easy-to-read and accurate chart than the first one, but that is a pretty glaring mistake. Tweet the guy so he can fix it kthx.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Oct 6 2012, 07:33 PM
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 09:25 PM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

Thanks Kyon and Nomake. The new season looks good, but then again some series may prove to be disappointing halfway. For starter I would try Btooom, Zetsuen no Tempest, K, JoJo, Sukitte,and Psycho-pass. Of course, ID and Code Breaker are must-watches for me. happy.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 10:32 PM

ShiMACHaze

Aw, no Chuunibyou?

user posted image
r3d$unz
Posted: Oct 7 2012, 04:59 AM

GRRRR...YO! Apachai daio~!!

Member No.: 1,533

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 6 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Aw, no Chuunibyou?

http://i.imgur.com/NwlK9.gif

I watched the first episode the other day and loved it, definitely one to watch, she is freaking cute.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 7 2012, 07:40 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

So far, for the new season, I can say that I will be watching:

Kyousogiga
Shin Sekai Yori
Litchi DE Hikari Club
Wooser no Sono Higurashi
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
K
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Little Busters!
Oshiri Kajiri Mushi
Girls und Panzer
Robotics;Notes
Initial D Fifth Stage cool.gif
Hito
Posted: Oct 7 2012, 11:46 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,208

Recently picked up Panty and Stocking again.
I kind of forgot how insane that show is. But I love it.
r3d$unz
Posted: Oct 10 2012, 06:50 AM

Watched the first episode of Code:Breaker, Little Busters, Ixion Saga DT and Btoom! last night, and out of those 4, I enjoyed Code: Breaker the most. Btoom! seems to have a very interesting setting, I like the fact they use bombs and nothing else but smarts to fight, but I have a feeling the main character is gonna annoy me more than make me root for him.

Little Busters is enjoyable if you're looking for that "Slice of Life" series but I've got plenty of that with Chuunibyo. Though the dynamics between the group is interesting.

Ixion Saga DT seems like a parody, that's not a parody of pretty much the fantasy genre itself, it seems to be a lot of fun and I'll keep watching. I squealed a little bit at the Monster Hunter reference at the beginning. laugh.gif

Code:Breakers is a tough one, I liked it, but disliked it, I enjoyed it but I was annoyed that I did laugh.gif again, the setting is interesting, the male lead is refreshingly interesting, the dynamics between the characters we've been introduced to so far is interesting. But there's one thing that just irked me.

SPOILER
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 10 2012, 08:09 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (r3d$unz @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
Watched the first episode of Code:Breaker, Little Busters, Ixion Saga DT and Btoom! last night, and out of those 4, I enjoyed Code: Breaker the most. Btoom! seems to have a very interesting setting, I like the fact they use bombs and nothing else but smarts to fight, but I have a feeling the main character is gonna annoy me more than make me root for him.

Little Busters is enjoyable if you're looking for that "Slice of Life" series but I've got plenty of that with Chuunibyo. Though the dynamics between the group is interesting.

Code:Breakers is a tough one, I liked it, but disliked it, I enjoyed it but I was annoyed that I did laugh.gif again, the setting is interesting, the male lead is refreshingly interesting, the dynamics between the characters we've been introduced to so far is interesting. But there's one thing that just irked me.

SPOILER

Because Elfen Lied. No, actually, it's just Ao no Exorcist S2. Bwahahaha. awesome.gif

Little Bastards is a fun show, but I'm likely only watching it because it's Key and I love those guys. It also gives me an excuse to put off a full play-through of the game. BTOOOM! looks like it'll be interesting but it's still on my 3-episode-test list. I have decided, however, that during the next two episodes whenever a bomb goes off I will vocalize the BTOOOM! bit. It'll likely make watching it easier.

Also saw Busou Shinki (pretty much exactly as expected there, though I now wish my toys would get up and sign for packages for me so I'd have less pink slips!) and Girls und Panzer (get Hiryuu's subs, Commie's are horrendous). Girls und Panzer is another three-episode-test series for me. I mean, I know that the same dude who worked on Strike Witches and Upotte! is on the team but... meh. We'll see.

Ah, and the new Code Geass is pretty awesome though it'll be a lot better once we have a proper broadcast instead of the ugly PSN upscale stuff.

Still have to give K, Onii-chan, Sukitte and PetKano a watch to see if I'll be following those. Planning on doing that soon, like within the next hour or so. I'm bored with nothing else to do at the moment so why not!

Ah, but I see that today is gonna be AWESOME. Both PSYCHO-PASS and Robotics;Notes air today! WOOHOO! w00t2.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 14 2012, 01:57 AM

Point Guard

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Oct 7 2012, 02:32 PM)
Aw, no Chuunibyou?

http://i.imgur.com/NwlK9.gif

Not sure what it is about, but I'll give it a try. Let's hope it's good enough to keep my interest past the third episode or so:P

Tried some of the titles I mentioned, so far only Code Breaker, Zetsuen no Tempest and Sukitte look promising. CB is awesome, but the pace is going rather slow. With that much amount of shit that happened in the manga, it would probably take them like 50+ episodes to cover even half of everything.
ZnT has gorgeous art, but the storyline isn't really to my liking. I'm watching for the art mostly.
Sukitte would be another interesting shoujo anime. I don't watch shoujo usually (prefer reading mangas only) but this looks like it would be worth following.
I don't think I would be following Psycho-pass anymore; it appears to be just another story overloaded with guns and bishonens, with a weak main female character.
K was rather..... weird. Opening was cool and awesome, but some characters are annoying me a lot.
I have yet to watch JoJo and Btoom. Will pass my judgment after I'm done with the first episodes. laugh2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 14 2012, 03:12 AM

ShiMACHaze

Watched the first two episodes of K and am hooked. The OST is great (reminds me of KamiMemo), the comedy is wonderful (if you get to the end of episode 2 you'll see what I mean) and, most importantly, NAKED CATGIRL. That's what really matters here. So yeah, I'm loving it.

Finally watched Robotics;Notes. Quoting Quattro Bajeena constantly for the win, I'm enjoying it so far. Good stuff.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 14 2012, 11:55 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 hours, 43 minutes ago)
Watched the first two episodes of K and am hooked. The OST is great (reminds me of KamiMemo), the comedy is wonderful (if you get to the end of episode 2 you'll see what I mean) and, most importantly, NAKED CATGIRL. That's what really matters here. So yeah, I'm loving it.

You're welcome. wink2.gif

SPOILER

And yes, Robotics;Notes is great! I knew I'd be following it even before I saw it.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Oct 14 2012, 11:55 AM
r3d$unz
Posted: Oct 15 2012, 10:28 AM

Robotics; Notes is definitely a lot of fun to watch. Can't wait for more.

K is another I am for sure keeping up with. That last scene of the 2nd episode was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through to the ED. Lets hope it keeps up the humor.

Btooom! 3rd ep:
SPOILER

Psycho:Pass is interesting, I like the premise and starting the show off the way it did, IMO was genius, kept me interested and wanting to know who the heck those 2 unknowns are.

Ixion Saga D.T...one word: unbalance laugh.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 19 2012, 11:56 PM

Point Guard

So far I think JoJo is turning out to be my favourite from this season. I never quite liked the manga much, but the anime's pretty cool. Cannot wait for the next episode. happy.gif
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 20 2012, 12:30 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 34 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
So far I think JoJo is turning out to be my favourite from this season. I never quite liked the manga much, but the anime's pretty cool. Cannot wait for the next episode. happy.gif

It gets massive bonus points for having one of my favourite Yes songs as the ED, that's for sure. laugh.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 20 2012, 05:41 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ 5 hours, 11 minutes ago)
It gets massive bonus points for having one of my favourite Yes songs as the ED, that's for sure. laugh.gif

I know, right?! I was really surprised to hear it play in the ED. I thought "wait, is my copy of Fragile playing on the turntable?" laugh2.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 02:42 AM

Point Guard

The OP is kind of..... refreshing too. And Takehito Koyasu voicing Dio is just so evil!!! happy.gif
Another series I'm definitely following is Btooom. Good artwork, but the plot isn't entirely original though. It's like Sword Art Online meets The Hunger Games. Unless something major happens anytime soon, I can already see where this is heading.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 04:57 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ 2 hours, 14 minutes ago)
And Takehito Koyasu voicing Dio is just so evil!!! happy.gif

If by "evil" you mean "supremely awesome" then absolutely! awesome.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 23 2012, 12:51 AM

Point Guard

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 8:57 PM)
If by "evil" you mean "supremely awesome" then absolutely! awesome.gif

Yes, it was supremely awesome. awesome.gif
I recognised his voice almost immediately, but I checked their Wiki website just to be sure. It makes me happy because Dio is already one of my fav characters from the first episode.

33 Pages  1 2 3 4 »