Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Side by side

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,792  ·  Replies: 35 
> New Macross Anime Announced, Announced after finale of Macross Frontier rerun
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 5 2016, 12:21 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

There was a preview episode that has already aired?

"Idol group that fight with mecha side by side". Please tell me it's not like Macross 7....
Chidoki
Posted: Jan 5 2016, 07:47 AM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

It is said that Delta Squadron is closer to the concept of the Jamming Birds, so no they are not like Sound Force itself who pilot their mecha directly.

The difference though is Jamming Birds has the idol as the co-pilot. Delta Squadron is the same but in the episode the idol is in the battlefield and Delta Squadron do exactly what any Macross action does and that is blow up stuff traditional way.

If they can do it non-lethal they do with the help of the idols to distract the enemy and they will disable the enemy as non-lethal as they can (such as cutting off the arms and legs of the Regult or Valkyrie).

As for the singing in battle while fighting, in a way that is similar to Sound Force, but those are more separate. In this case the fight between the Aerial Knights is like what Macross action should be and the idols were not inside the mecha.

The equipment will most likely vary depending on the mission, in this case Delta Squadron was more set up for support for Walkure and under equipped for combat against the Aerial Knights arsenal.

It is still early to assume what will be next unless they do add those Macross 7 other stuff like speaker bullets shooting out of the gunpod, giant speaker rocket or shoulder speakers of the mecha, etc, etc...although Delta Squadron did have those Boomerang Drones or Fin Funnels, whatever they call them in mechas I forgot that the idols use.

This post has been edited by Chidoki on Jan 5 2016, 06:37 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 5 2016, 08:02 PM

I'll give it a shot when the first episode airs, but it doesn't sound too appealing to me tbh.

Ugh, reading this bit on Kotaku isn't giving me the impression I'll remotely like this...

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jan 7 2016, 09:14 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 03:34 PM

So looks like the official launch of the series is April 3rd.

Macross Delta anime slated to premiere on April 3rd
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 04:01 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Sweet! One more month!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 08:42 PM

Part of me wonders if any legit streaming sites, like Funimation or Crunchyroll, would pick it up for streaming (the whole Harmony Gold part aside) considering how they ended up streaming the new Gundam series of all things.
Yosuke
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 10:24 PM

Manly News Host

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,046

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 1 hour, 42 minutes ago)
Part of me wonders if any legit streaming sites, like Funimation or Crunchyroll, would pick it up for streaming (the whole Harmony Gold part aside) considering how they ended up streaming the new Gundam series of all things.

They can't.

Kawomori was interviewed a while back and stated his desire to do a simulcast because of IBO, and while he didn't specify, basically said they' still don't have the ability for a global broadcast.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 9 2016, 10:28 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

In an interview Kawamori mentioned that while he wants to do like GundamInfo does, he can't because HarmonyGold (well, he didn't say the name, but he said 'a certain company' and we all know who he's talking about) won't allow it. It's a copyright nightmare, unlike Gundam that Bandai controls exclusively.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 15 2016, 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Mar 10 2016, 02:28 AM)
In an interview Kawamori mentioned that while he wants to do like GundamInfo does, he can't because HarmonyGold (well, he didn't say the name, but he said 'a certain company' and we all know who he's talking about) won't allow it. It's a copyright nightmare, unlike Gundam that Bandai controls exclusively.

I am still surprised the original rights holders can't do anything... sad.gif
Yosuke
Posted: Mar 15 2016, 11:32 PM

Manly News Host

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,046

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=36541

because it's a goddamn mess and HG has too much money.

I mean, HG still gets mad at Hasbro on occasion because of Jetfire being VF-1 sometimes.

This post has been edited by Yosuke on Mar 15 2016, 11:33 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 4 2016, 09:23 AM

So, it looks like even though the new Macross series won't have a DVD/Blu-Ray release, you can rejoice since the Japanese release includes English subtitles!

2 Pages  1 2