Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Takumi Shouri!

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 9,384  ·  Replies: 18 
> DO-P-KAN
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 23 2017, 11:02 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

user posted image

I don't think anyone's scanned let alone TL'd this. I happen to have picked up the entire series (10 volumes) in Japan earlier this year, totally forgot to mention it. I really want to read this and my moon is lacking so - and I know this is the dumbest longshot of a suggestion, but just in case - if anyone is up to the project of helping scanlate it I will be more than happy to typeset. This is peak Shigeno, '93-'95 right before Initial D, so you know he's at the top of his game, and flipping through it, it looks really great.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
hyakupct
Posted: Jul 23 2017, 07:02 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,564

Got a cryptic txt file shared with me about this thread a few hours ago... a little scary but I'm definitely down.

I translate things for funsies and actually picked up the first volume of this series a few years ago but it was in too poor condition to scan. I've been working on his more recent series Sailor Ace as well.
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 23 2017, 07:59 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (hyakupct @ 56 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Got a cryptic txt file shared with me about this thread a few hours ago... a little scary but I'm definitely down.

I translate things for funsies and actually picked up the first volume of this series a few years ago but it was in too poor condition to scan.  I've been working on his more recent series Sailor Ace as well.

Great! Now I just need someone willing to debind and scan.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 24 2017, 08:42 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 7:59 PM)
Great! Now I just need someone willing to debind and scan.

I've sworn off doing manga for a while now due to how tedious it is (I could scan a shitload of doujins in the time it takes to debind one manga), but I would be more than happy to teach you the dark art. It's not difficult, just tedious.

I still use a shitty $30 Canon printer as a flatbed and it still works perfectly.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 24 2017, 08:50 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
I've sworn off doing manga for a while now due to how tedious it is (I could scan a shitload of doujins in the time it takes to debind one manga), but I would be more than happy to teach you the dark art. It's not difficult, just tedious.

I still use a shitty $30 Canon printer as a flatbed and it still works perfectly.

I could do it myself, but as you said it is tedious and I would need to find the time to do it between life and being a full-blown 80-hour/week wageslave as I plan to become. If this is doable, I'll hit you up when the time comes. Until then, if anyone else is available, please do let me know.
xiao
Posted: Jul 24 2017, 10:14 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (hyakupct @ Jul 23 2017, 09:02 PM)

あっちゃ~ それゃ悪いな!w

でもヒャクさんにありがとう ♡ こちらセーラーエース秘密のファンシャオくん、よろしくね!

Yeah ~ I was just to lazy to open up my e-mail .. laugh.gif

だってどうだ .. するしましょうか?ノマケさんはいいなやつだろう ~ happy.gifv
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 24 2017, 10:51 PM

ShiMACHaze

Stop talking about me behind my back like that. I can read Japanese god damn it, just post in English. Especially when the person you're talking to clearly speaks English just fine.
hyakupct
Posted: Jul 24 2017, 10:59 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (xiao @ 45 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Yeah ~ I was just to lazy to open up my e-mail .. laugh.gif

H-how was that easier than opening your email... nevermind that i have a direct contact form available............................ したいですが w
xiao
Posted: Jul 24 2017, 11:18 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 20 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
ハリセンSLAP!

乃魔気くんの意地悪い!user posted image

QUOTE (hyakupct @ 11 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
H-how was that easier than opening your email... nevermind that i have a direct contact form available............................ したいですが w

The side menu on the 90's page doesn't work with desktop Chrome .. I just realized it works on mobile Chrome tho laugh.gif derp.gif

☆ TLにどうも!w .. m(_ _)m
hyakupct
Posted: Jul 24 2017, 11:27 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (xiao @ 8 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
The side menu on the 90's page doesn't work with desktop Chrome .. I just realized it works on mobile Chrome tho laugh.gif derp.gif

☆ TLにどうも!w .. m(_ _)m

へー First I've heard, I'll get on fixing it in that case.

よろしくおねがいしまーす wink2.gif
xiao
Posted: Jul 24 2017, 11:34 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (hyakupct @ 6 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
へー First I've heard, I'll get on fixing it in that case. 

よろしくおねがいしまーす wink2.gif

Wait .. I think I just need a bigger monitor ~ laugh.gif XD

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1423 x 775. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

わーい!よろしくです ~ happy.gif Also we have a Discord server ~ Kyon's usually active ☆ feel free to join!♩

http://discord.gg/vS8zRUv
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 25 2017, 09:08 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 9 hours, 49 minutes ago)
乃魔気くんの意地悪い!https://idforums.net/html/emoticons/crying2.gif ~

ノマケだろうが!

Seriously, just stop. It's getting to the physically painful level.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 25 2017, 09:28 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

I too would appreciate if we kept this thread on track. I seriously had no expectation I might be able to get this series translated, I want to see it through.
hyakupct
Posted: Feb 18 2018, 11:20 PM

Shmuck

Not to drag up a dead thread but since no one else stepped up and I can't seem to find raws myself, I went digging and found that copy of volume 1 I picked up a while back. Unfortunately the rest of the series is long sold from the store I got it from, but if I can figure out a scanner I can use I'm still down to work on this if anyone else is up to proofread/clean/etc...
kyonpalm
  Posted: Feb 19 2018, 08:05 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (hyakupct @ 8 hours, 45 minutes ago)
Not to drag up a dead thread but since no one else stepped up and I can't seem to find raws myself, I went digging and found that copy of volume 1 I picked up a while back. Unfortunately the rest of the series is long sold from the store I got it from, but if I can figure out a scanner I can use I'm still down to work on this if anyone else is up to proofread/clean/etc...

As long as you or someone else can translate it, I don't mind cleaning the scans since I'll already be working on typesetting. I say go for it.
hyakupct
Posted: Feb 22 2018, 10:49 PM

Shmuck

Sounds good. I should have a scanner myself by the end of this coming week, ideally. I'll keep you updated on my progress with scanning and translating.

Do you care too much about the particulars, like romanizations and sound effects? Or do I have free reign there?
kyonpalm
  Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:46 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (hyakupct @ Today, 2:49 AM)
Do you care too much about the particulars, like romanizations and sound effects? Or do I have free reign there?

Not generally, but you can provide alternate translations wherever you find any gray areas.
hyakupct
Posted: Mar 2 2018, 12:47 AM

Shmuck

And thus the janky scanning setup has been achieved - I'll pm you and/or post again once I actually have something lol

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
kyonpalm
  Posted: Mar 2 2018, 07:10 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (hyakupct @ Today, 4:47 AM)
And thus the janky scanning setup has been achieved - I'll pm you and/or post again once I actually have something lol

Hell yeah. Thank you.