Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Ace - Crazy On Emotion

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,239  ·  Replies: 38 
> "Like" button
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 29 2015, 04:46 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

To be honest, I think that the like button is a bad idea. I feel that it will take away from users posting because they will just hit the like button instead. Conversations will devolve into lame one-two post discussions with everyone else just taking a side and liking the post that they agree with the most. But then again that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Personally I like having seemingly thoughtful conversations where the participants are actively including their ideas on the matter rather than people sitting around in a tight circle nodding at each other in agreement.
kyonpalm
Posted: May 29 2015, 05:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 37 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
To be honest, I think that the like button is a bad idea. I feel that it will take away from users posting because they will just hit the like button instead. Conversations will devolve into lame one-two post discussions with everyone else just taking a side and liking the post that they agree with the most. But then again that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Personally I like having seemingly thoughtful conversations where the participants are actively including their ideas on the matter rather than people sitting around in a tight circle nodding at each other in agreement.

I've brought that point up before, and it was brought to my attention that actually the only posts it will really stop from appearing are one-word ones like "this", "lol", "PERRY WHERE'S MY LIKE BUTTON?" and other useless garbage like that. So it's definitely a good idea.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 29 2015, 05:31 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 6 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
I've brought that point up before, and it was brought to my attention that actually the only posts it will really stop from appearing are one-word ones like "this", "lol", "PERRY WHERE'S MY LIKE BUTTON?" and other useless garbage like that. So it's definitely a good idea.

Very true. Either way I don't think I'll be using the feature if it ever comes out. When I typically agree with something I usually have something to add to the discussion.
kyonpalm
Posted: May 29 2015, 05:33 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 2 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
When I typically agree with something I usually have something to add to the discussion.

We need that more than we need a like button, but we can't flip a switch and make people do that like we can to add a like button here (okay it's more than flipping a switch, but you get the idea) so we do what we can do.
Möbius
  Posted: May 29 2015, 05:52 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 19 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
We need that more than we need a like button, but we can't flip a switch and make people do that like we can to add a like button here (okay it's more than flipping a switch, but you get the idea) so we do what we can do.

"We do what we must, because we can"? laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: May 29 2015, 05:54 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Möbius @ 1 minute, 25 seconds ago)
"We do what we must, because we can"? laugh2.gif

Was hoping someone would catch on to that.
Tessou
Posted: May 29 2015, 06:04 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Here are 100 new features, even if you'll only use 5.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
  Posted: May 30 2015, 02:17 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Today, 12:46 AM)

It doesn't quite work out that way.

Rather than rehashing previous discussions, I'll just post links to posts:

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=44...dpost&p=1245769

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=44...dpost&p=1245816

It reinforces posting, not discourages it. cool.gif
Rudy
Posted: Jun 1 2015, 01:04 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Falbere
Posted: Jun 1 2015, 03:29 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

^ Did you read the full post? Perry said it will come. That means it will come. Eventually. Well, porting the scripts from WME Forums seems to drag the loading times down.

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jun 1 2015, 03:30 AM
Rudy
Posted: Jun 1 2015, 11:24 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
tsukikomi
Posted: Jun 1 2015, 12:15 PM

Falbury~<3
Group Icon

Group: TRAP CLUB
Member No.: 43,994

QUOTE (Falbere @ 8 hours, 46 minutes ago)
^ Did you read the full post? Perry said it will come. That means it will come. Eventually. Well, porting the scripts from WME Forums seems to drag the loading times down.

Tsukikomi liked this post! happy.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jun 1 2015, 12:33 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

It is on the list of things that will happen. Right now it's impossible. Perry is the sole person that has access to the site's code, and he's currently out of the US. When he gets back, I will harp on him to make this a feature.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
  Posted: Jun 1 2015, 01:40 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 7 minutes ago)
It is on the list of things that will happen. Right now it's impossible. Perry is the sole person that has access to the site's code, and he's currently out of the US. When he gets back, I will harp on him to make this a feature.

Whenever he gets around to it, that's OK, there's more important things in life. I think Rudy was being overly dramatic to be funny. laugh2.gif

2 Pages  1 2