Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Ace Warrior - 24 Hours A Day With You

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

32 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 179,752  ·  Replies: 776 
> Show off your Gundam Picture here!, u can share your gundam modeling photo with us here ^^
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 15 2008, 02:26 AM

!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 24,344

QUOTE (Metamorphic @ Today at 1:41 AM)
Kyishi: I have fond memories of breaking stuff! In the manual theres a parts order option thats only available in Japan. I fortunately have a Japanese friend with family over there so whenever I need to get new parts I ask her.

It would be great to have more of this shops around the world.
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 15 2008, 02:39 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,338

The parts are remoulded and come directly to you from the Ban Dai Hobby Centre where all the "Made in Japan" gunplas are manufactured. The no grade 1/144s and 1/144 First Grades are made in China.
The New Guy
Posted: Jul 15 2008, 08:03 AM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

I see lots of chit chat but no Gundam's, I need Gundam's....... MOAR GUNDAM'S NAO! grin2.gif
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 15 2008, 09:46 AM

!

I am working on my Strike Rouge atm, will post images soon.
Legend of Speed
Posted: Jul 15 2008, 11:32 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 1,483

God, if only America has those Gundam only shops that would be kick ass. The closes we got to that was when Toonami had a whole bunch of Gundam series airing and stores like Target, Toys R Us, etc started carrying models.
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 03:29 AM

IDW Goldmember

the Unicorn was collected yesterday here is the first rough concept colouring for the colour schme I would be using.

user posted image
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 04:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Okay, finally finished the first of the Gunpla I bought this year. I had to finish it because it's not actually mine; it's a gift for my sister. Deathscythe Hell Custom is her favorite Gundam of all time. She kinda hinted at that she just wanted me to build it to the best of my ability (AKA don't try your paints/markers/whatever on MY GUNDAM), so it's straight out-of-box with only decals applied. I'm actually pretty shocked at how decent it looks in that condition. I really wanna panel line the thing, but... oh well. Here's pics.

user posted image

user posted image

There were three really annoying design-related problems I ran into, and one problem that was of my own creation. Here we go, Builder's Log.

-Those red 'vents' on the side of the head? Not red. Gray like the rest of the plastic. I was wondering how the hell they got a box model to have red vents... well, it's two RIDICULOUSLY tiny decals. I actually broke the one on the left side, which you can just barely tell (bottom vent slightly shorter). These decals were easily the most annoying things I've ever done with gunpla. I wish I could've just painted the freaking things but orders are orders. On that note I really hate that Bandai stopped using gold plastic for the V-fins on Gunpla. I want to paint the V-fin SOOOOO BAD. >_< NEEDS TO BE GOLD.

-One of the arms had a polycap hole that was actually misformed. It took lots of filing, patience, and some choice curse words before I actually got the arm piece to snap together correctly. That's just a pain. Oh well, it's a HG...

-The post on the left side of the torso refused to snap together like the rest of the torso. I checked and re-checked the alignment multiple times to make sure it was aligned, and it was... it just wouldn't snap together. I totally forgot about it until I went to attach the left arm and it wouldn't go on. Ended up holding it together with one hand while finagling the arm on with the other. Finally it went on and held the damn post together.

As for the problem of my own creation... I got down to final assembly and realized that I had forgotten to put the chin piece into the head. And you can't put that on without disassembling the whole head...which I had already put decals on, etc. That was a good ten minutes, trying to get it apart without breaking/ruining it, putting the chin in, and then reassembling. Bah.

On the other hand, it was a lot of fun to make, and was good practice for the ones I get to use my own paint on! I'm actually shocked at how good the HG looks right out of the box. I wasn't expecting much.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 05:19 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 10:29 PM)
I want to paint the V-fin SOOOOO BAD. >_< NEEDS TO BE GOLD.

Words of genius Sir Nomake! i cant stand the yellow altogether I paint everything yellow in gold and kudos to you for being such a good brother!
The New Guy
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 08:23 AM

wandering idiot

Member No.: 24,420

Ummm how much money do you have. Cause from all the Gundam's you have told me that you have and not to mention all that s*** behind your sisters Gundam! Just gets me wondering, because you always say I have no money, so now I'm like WTF blink.gif
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 08:50 AM

!

Isn't that classified information you asking for?
BOZZ
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 08:53 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Metamorphic @ Today at 7:29 AM)
the Unicorn was collected yesterday here is the first rough concept colouring for the colour schme I would be using.

user posted image

You are such a bad bad bad man... Ha ha... I was thinking of getting a Unicorn Gundam as well, just not right now, but boy, looking at that sure is making me tempted.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 09:57 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (The New Guy @ Today at 9:23 AM)
Ummm how much money do you have. Cause from all the Gundam's you have told me that you have and not to mention all that s*** behind your sisters Gundam! Just gets me wondering, because you always say I have no money, so now I'm like WTF blink.gif

Hahaha. The shit behind DHC--save for the Haruhi and Da Capo figure--are actually all very, very old. As in, over a year ago I got them old. Misuzu I got at AX2007, in fact. The rest are even older.

I do spend lots of money on gunpla and figures, though. I'm trying to cut back because I have a PS3 now, and games are pricey... I wanna fill out my game collection--and finish building the gunpla I have!--before getting any others. Though it's very tempting to just go and buy a 1/100 Gundam X and Gundam F90V... hahaha.

FYI I have about $300 saved in the bank right now. Next paycheck that'll bump up nicely because we bonused and I'm working extra hours covering others' shifts. Should get up to $600 if I'm lucky. We'll see in a week from now. happy.gif
fortune_nsx
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 12:25 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,051

man all of the models i have seen in this thread r pretty nice. i wish i could paint my models, but it takes time that i dont really have to practice sad.gif
Akira77
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 01:29 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,899

I see that for a few of the kits posted, there's a few gaps. Is there any way to minimize them? Also, am I supposed to cut the little things that hold the pieces together on a slight angle so that they come apart easier? Oh, and one more, how well do the gundam markers work?
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 01:35 AM

!

I used the Gundam markers to do the panel lines around the models surface. Meta and N1 can help you with painting smile.gif
Kitty
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 01:41 AM

Bad Luck

Member No.: 23,812

QUOTE (Akira77 @ Today at 3:29 AM)
I see that for a few of the kits posted, there's a few gaps. Is there any way to minimize them? Also, am I supposed to cut the little things that hold the pieces together on a slight angle so that they come apart easier? Oh, and one more, how well do the gundam markers work?

What I use to take them off the frame is wirecutters. I find it usually makes them pretty flush if you do it right. Sometimes it gets a bit rough though so I either use a really light file or my trusty X-Acto in case the plastic gets mashed up or uneven.
MzdaspD
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 07:42 AM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

Member No.: 30,047

I think I'm going to buy a wing zero soon =)

Use a wirecutter or nail clipper to cut it off from the frame and then just use a file and sand off the excess. That's what I do for all my models
haspieuw
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 12:35 PM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

QUOTE (Metamorphic @ Jul 16 2008, 03:29 AM)

user posted image

very nice concept there, meta
never knew to repaint the psychoframe

i also got a unicorn but i am stuck with time for it
the water decals are killin me biggrin.gif
got only time to finish a leg

i will post some of my dusted gunplas
but i still got to finish my finals dry.gif

however i give some preview pics just for the lol

user posted image
strike holding badtz badtz maru (xo)

user posted image
and i am very proud of this
MS showdown between F91 and X1, i will post details later

Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 04:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

user posted image

Watch out or the Penguin gets it!

user posted image

Of all people spectating Suzumiya Haruhi!

This post has been edited by Metamorphic on Jul 18 2008, 04:32 PM
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 01:16 AM

!

Strike Rouge
user posted image

I wonder how does those anti-ship swords damage the ships as seen in anime. The swords look inferior when compare to sabers.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 08:11 PM

ShiMACHaze

Oh wow, that Strike Rouge looks good! What grade is that? Master?

Anyway, I was in my local Gundam addict shop (J-Style in Mitsuwa Marketplace of Costa Mesa), 'cause the guy there told me they were getting a new shipment in when I bought Deathscythe Hell Custom. Sure enough, they had some new stuff... The one that caught my eye was MG Unicorn Gundam for $60 even. Cheaper than online, I was pretty amazed (usually their MG and PGs are way more expensive than online). Tempted, but I've already got Gunpla to finish and my wallet's crying from my PS3 spending habits. laugh.gif
Metamorphic
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 09:12 PM

IDW Goldmember

Im guessing its 1/144 because their isnt a MG Rouge IWSP kit available yet. But yeah big improvement Kyishi perhaps you can try some detail painting on your next model!

Not much activity happening with my unicorn still removing the parts from the tree sanding down the gates and mounting them on individual sticks for airbrushing.

This post has been edited by Metamorphic on Jul 19 2008, 09:13 PM
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 09:33 PM

!

Yea, its a HG.

I will try detail painting next smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kyishi on Jul 19 2008, 09:35 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 12:11 AM

ShiMACHaze

That reminds me. Can anybody ID this? I know it's Zeta Gundam doing a Gerwalk pose from Macross, but what Zeta Gundam is it? I don't recognize it.

user posted image
Kelvin
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 12:39 AM

!

No idea..

About painting, beside the Gundam official paint and colors, can I use conventional water colors and nail polish? Will they fade or stick well when apply to the parts?

32 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »