Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Priscilla - New Love

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 47,361  ·  Replies: 22 
> Initial D8 Infinity ENGLISH TRANSLATION!, A translation made by me for all of you!
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Mar 6 2021, 10:48 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,872

WIP - NEW UPDATE INCOMIG!

Taking advantage of the fact that I have a few days of vacation, I want to take the opportunity to return to the translation work a little more. It's a small update nothing more. I'm currently translating the titles, which number is of several hundred (I think in thousand...). There may be some titles left untranslated while I search for a solution, but I focus on what I can do so I don't get stuck on what I can't. Also, how do you get many of them? You may never find one without making tongue.gif

Here and example:

TITLE TEXT NORMAL: 秋名山最速
TITLE TRANSLATION: Mount Akina Fastest, literally... Translation settings are missing

So, even using "Mt" as abreviation, still being too long to translate. If someone has any ideas...

Or...

TITLE TEXT NORMAL: 峠の職人
TITLE TRANSLATION: craftsman of the mountain pass

How can I translate this? ohmy.gif

Later, I also want to polish certain words of the translation (feedback from @racer21#0426), fix offsets in some textures and work on some that were left undone and that I was only aware of when starting a character from the beginning (And some little thing that I left aside out of laziness...). Let's see how much it costs me, because I had a problem with my pc and lost all the templates, color settings and other things to work with the textures, the main reason why I put the translation issue on hold... And as I said, I have no idea about photoshop (I work with other programs) nor am I a designer, programmer or anything like that. That there are people who are surprised by it. Well, well, I dominate other types of tools/jobs...

Thanks for your patience!

NEW LITTLE UPDATE! w00t2.gif Last Ver. released on 26-05-22

As always, any problem, anything wrong, better ideas... Please, take a screenshot and send me to fix it ASAP. Thank you very much for your patience.

And now, that what you are looking for, the main post and translation!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES! As you are reading, I am working on a translation of the ID8 Infinity game project and I want to share with everyone. And why ID8 and no IDZ? Because IDZ although it is more modern, does not have all the updates... Missing cars and courses, etc But ID8 has 16 courses, all cars and a fantastic gameplay, and it's my favourite. I have done a lot of work although it is not 100% but is a really hard work and aborbs all my time.

What is translated:

Car colors, Tuning parts, Aero parts, Options menu, Main menu with game modes, Race Screen Data, Results screen, Courses icons, Game modes icons, Story Mode Chapters and Teams Icons, Rival Side cutscenes, win/lose quotes in story mode, and lots of many other things... Play to discover them!

There is still a bit to be done but it is fully playable. Little by little I will update.

What will not be translated (for now at least)

Loading screens "TIPS", they are codified in UTF-16/32LE making a torture try to fit the text.

Story mode cutscenes texts, because as far I know, cannot be done.

The credits are:

Translation> RoLLeR (Me, It´s my main Nickname)
Help and support> AlexVgz
Tools> Team Pocky, Google (lens, traductor...)
rizkyfz> New ideas...
ALL OF YOU! > For your support, patience and love. I didn't expect such a great reception!!

Please do not distribute without permission. The files are made to help and enjoy them. Ask before sharing and give the necessary credits. Thanks!

Pics:
SPOILER

UPDATE!!

As you know, this project is done within my free time (that is not too much) with zero idea of Photshop (I use Paint Shop Pro), so the result may not be too professional. And even so, I have received good reviews and a lot of support that have pushed me to continue with the work beyond what I expected to be able to do.

The last version of the update includes all quotes translated in the DOGFIGHTS screen. This screen is loaded in online races or in Story mode "fake" online races, where an opponent is loaded and you can say something to him/her using UP/DOWN/LEFT or RIGHT
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OW-oTx5k3g...iew?usp=sharing

Thanks for your download and enjoy!

Update and instructions:

Tested up to Story Mode Chapter 11 (A.K.A Team 246), played full chapter, and no problems... Texts fixed until the work is tested. As always, any problem, take a shot and send me to fix it.

In no case, I am responsible for any errors that may be caused by the use of the files contained in the .RAR. Use them at your own risk.

Before install the translation, rename the indicated files or make a backup:

..\data\ACROBATA.xaf (rename it or translation won't work)
..\data\ACROBATA_PATCH.xaf (rename it or translation won't work)
..\data\CAR\info_csv folder (make a backup, several files will be replaced)
..\data\COURSE\COURSE_DATA.ini (rename it or backup. Will be replaced)
..\data\COURSE\utf8_jp_COURSE_DATA.ini (rename it or backup. Will be replaced)
..\data\GAME\utf8_MISSION_DATA.ini (rename it or backup. Will be replaced)
..\data\DEMO\EXTRAMODEL\???_1B_001_001_Layer_AnimObj_Scan.efo (15 files to be renamed or replaced)
InitialD8_GLW_RE_SBZZ_dumped_.exe (Rename it or will be replaced with the translated one)

Extract all files inside the .RAR and replace all when asked.

Translation full updated (and fixed again):
SPOILER

Enjoy!

This post has been edited by KaiSSeR_SK on Aug 23 2022, 02:22 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Mar 8 2021, 08:16 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Good luck.
arkSmith
  Posted: Apr 22 2021, 11:04 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,239

I registered, just to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH .

worship.gif
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: May 9 2021, 10:15 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (arkSmith @ Apr 22 2021, 11:04 AM)
I registered, just to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH .

worship.gif

Thanks to you! I'm happy that it serves you biggrin.gif
Tomiix
Posted: Aug 8 2021, 01:34 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,497

Thank u So Much!
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Aug 18 2021, 11:55 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Tomiix @ Aug 8 2021, 01:34 PM)
Thank u So Much!

Thanks to you!! In a few days I hope to be able to publish a small update with the messages (Win or Lose) of the end of career screen of the story mode...

Edit:

Work (almost) finished! With more content. Now story mode win/lose quotes and Missions descriptions also translated cool.gif

I like to remember, I face several problems:
The English language is not my native language, the Japanese translations are sometimes strange and inconsistent and I have to understand the context of the situation to form the proper quote, and lastly, I am hexadecimal editing and that greatly limits the length of the texts. to implement.

If you can forgive me for all that, I continue to do my best to finish the pending work.

As always, thank you for the support and, if you see something wrong or that could be in a better way, do not hesitate to capture a screen and tell me the text that you could.

At the main post, you will find new pics and a new link to the update!!

This post has been edited by KaiSSeR_SK on Aug 29 2021, 12:32 AM
banghyunwoo789
Posted: Feb 20 2022, 05:19 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,898

OMG! THANKS!
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Feb 27 2022, 03:38 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (banghyunwoo789 @ Feb 20 2022, 05:19 AM)
OMG! THANKS!

Thanks to you! In a few days, new update!! Stay alert! smile.gif
rizkyfz
Posted: Mar 1 2022, 12:24 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 52,716

Thanks for your hard work! Are you planning to translate the manga cutscene in Rivalside stage?
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Mar 3 2022, 10:56 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (rizkyfz @ Mar 1 2022, 12:24 PM)
Thanks for your hard work! Are you planning to translate the manga cutscene in Rivalside stage?

Hi! Well, the truth is that I hadn't considered it but, besides, I don't remember finding the images (I haven't looked for the texts, but I make a note to do so) while I was reviewing all the content of the game.

I can try but there are things like the TIPS that I can't translate despite having found the texts because of the big difference in the length of the texts between kanjis and normal text.

When it's textures, I don't have so much trouble translating, but when it's text... things get pretty difficult.

Right now I'm finishing a new update with the Play Data textures and some more texts.

Thank you for your patience, ideas and support!
rizkyfz
Posted: Mar 4 2022, 12:05 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 52,716

QUOTE (KaiSSeR_SK @ Yesterday, 10:56 AM)
Hi! Well, the truth is that I hadn't considered it but, besides, I don't remember finding the images (I haven't looked for the texts, but I make a note to do so) while I was reviewing all the content of the game.

I can try but there are things like the TIPS that I can't translate despite having found the texts because of the big difference in the length of the texts between kanjis and normal text.

When it's textures, I don't have so much trouble translating, but when it's text... things get pretty difficult.

Right now I'm finishing a new update with the Play Data textures and some more texts.

Thank you for your patience, ideas and support!

Glad to hear that! Idas8 is the best ID arcade game and your translation is just perfect. Hopefully you'll also translate the title too. Currently i'm mixing your translation files with t2hanz translation patch. He manage to translate the pop-up menu and post-battle dialogue without altering the ID8 redumped.exe and his translation also include the manga cutscene in Rivalside Takumi vs Miki translated. Do you think you can take some inspiration from his work?

KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Mar 4 2022, 12:52 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (rizkyfz @ Today, 12:05 AM)
Glad to hear that! Idas8 is the best ID arcade game and your translation is just perfect. Hopefully you'll also translate the title too. Currently i'm mixing your translation files with t2hanz translation patch. He manage to translate the pop-up menu and post-battle dialogue without altering the ID8 redumped.exe and his translation also include the manga cutscene in Rivalside Takumi vs Miki translated. Do you think you can take some inspiration from his work?

Sure! If someone did it before I also can do it. I'll look for his/her translation to compare and try it

Edit:

Challenge accepted but:

I know that texts can be modified/extended without edit the .exe where are integrated with programming knownledge adding pointers for the text and many other things, but, I have no idea about programming (nor photshop and here I`m doing it...) so, I'm limited to work with that what I have... sweatingbullets.gif

TITLES are also in the .EXE and have the same problem... Difference of length of texts in japanese and english...

Edit 2:

NEW UPDATE!!! w00t2.gif Last Ver. released on 17-03-22

Go for the first post to download it!!

This post has been edited by KaiSSeR_SK on Mar 17 2022, 11:26 AM
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Apr 6 2022, 01:11 AM

IDW Member

NEW LITTLE UPDATE! w00t2.gif Last Ver. released on 26-05-22

Please excuse my clumsiness, but, in a hurry, I left files to upload again... This time it was the cutscene files of the Rivalside mode races. Now yes, file by file check the integrity of the content to enjoy the translation... My sincerest apologies once again. I'm not used to doing these things and the organization has been a disaster.

Go to the first post for the info, pics and Download link!

This post has been edited by KaiSSeR_SK on May 26 2022, 11:04 AM
trueDan
Posted: Apr 10 2022, 04:24 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 47,865

Thank you so much for this!
KaiSSeR_SK
    Posted: Apr 15 2022, 08:10 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (trueDan @ Apr 10 2022, 04:24 AM)
Thank you so much for this!

Thanks to you! For comments like this I don't give up. I'm going slowly, but I won't stop until I'm done.
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Aug 15 2022, 03:34 AM

IDW Member

WIP - NEW UPDATE INCOMIG!

Taking advantage of the fact that I have a few days of vacation, I want to take the opportunity to return to the translation work a little more. It's a small update nothing more. I'm currently translating the titles, which number is of several hundred (I think in thousand...). There may be some titles left untranslated while I search for a solution, but I focus on what I can do so I don't get stuck on what I can't. Also, how do you get many of them? You may never find one without making tongue.gif

Here and example:

TITLE TEXT NORMAL: 秋名山最速
TITLE TRANSLATION: Mount Akina Fastest, literally... Translation settings are missing

So, even using "Mt" as abreviation, still being too long to translate. If someone has any ideas...

Or...

TITLE TEXT NORMAL: 峠の職人
TITLE TRANSLATION: craftsman of the mountain pass

How can I translate this? ohmy.gif

Later, I also want to polish certain words of the translation (feedback from @racer21#0426), fix offsets in some textures and work on some that were left undone and that I was only aware of when starting a character from the beginning (And some little thing that I left aside out of laziness...). Let's see how much it costs me, because I had a problem with my pc and lost all the templates, color settings and other things to work with the textures, the main reason why I put the translation issue on hold... And as I said, I have no idea about photoshop (I work with other programs) nor am I a designer, programmer or anything like that. That there are people who are surprised by it. Well, well, I dominate other types of tools/jobs...

Thanks for your patience!

This post has been edited by KaiSSeR_SK on Aug 23 2022, 02:22 AM
CaptainCrazy
Posted: Jan 10 2023, 07:02 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,372

Can this be used in a cab or for emulator only?
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Jan 17 2023, 01:41 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (CaptainCrazy @ Jan 10 2023, 07:02 PM)
Can this be used in a cab or for emulator only?

Hi! Sorry for the delay answering... To be honest, I really have no idea, but if you have the game files in the cab, it should work in theory. I don't know how the cab works, but I repeat, if you have access to the game files, first make a backup and test it and let us know how it goes!
CaptainCrazy
Posted: Feb 8 2023, 06:14 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,372

Works!
arcadegarage
Posted: Apr 13 2023, 08:48 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,463

QUOTE (CaptainCrazy @ Feb 8 2023, 06:14 AM)
Works!

In an actual cabinet? I just picked up 2 ID8 arcade machines and would love to convert to english.

I've tried to read the drives on my PC without any luck, if you did it on an arcade machine drive, can you please share how?
ArcadeAmbulanceSpex
Posted: Aug 26 2023, 08:23 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,596

QUOTE (CaptainCrazy @ Feb 8 2023, 06:14 AM)
Works!

Any chance of a how-to on adding it? (Never messed with cab programming before) I've got 2 cabs at a client location that would love it in English
Red13x
Posted: Oct 3 2023, 11:09 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,646

Good day. Just discovered this page for the english mod. But i cant seem to find the download link. Help please. Thanks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
KaiSSeR_SK
  Posted: Oct 22 2023, 12:35 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Red13x @ Oct 3 2023, 11:09 PM)
Good day. Just discovered this page for the english mod. But i cant seem to find the download link. Help please. Thanks.

HI! Sorry Sorry for the delay in responding! The download links are in the first post. Under the SPOILER button!