Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Let's Go, Come On

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,197  ·  Replies: 2 
> Getting Used to Speed in GT7
hippopotomoose
  Posted: May 25 2023, 04:04 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,046

Does anyone have advice on how to get used to driving the fast cars in Gran Turismo 7. I have a hard time keeping GR3 and above cars under control, even on the easier races. I am not using any driving assists, although maybe I should. I am either spinning out or way behind the pack.

Help!
LeGeNd-1
Posted: May 25 2023, 06:16 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,903

Practice with slower cars first like road cars or Gr.4. Only move up once you're comfortable with them. Road cars are very good at teaching you car control because they are on less grippy tyres and has no downforce.

Do all the license tests, circuit experience and missions. If you can get gold comfortably on all of them then you know you're good enough. Otherwise, watch the demonstration replays and just try to copy what they do.

Also watch the replays of top drivers in daily races and time trial leaderboards and copy what they do.

The only driving assist you need is ABS and maybe automatic transmission. Everything else is just a crutch that will lead you to develop bad habits that are more difficult to shake off later on.

Practice practice practice. Driving cars on the limit is difficult. GT is a very forgiving simulator but it's not an arcade racer that you can just pick up and play. It takes many years of practice and refinement to learn all the skills and nuances of driving fast.

Ultimately, your talent will be the limiting factor. I've been playing the series since the first game in 1998 and I'm still 2-3 seconds slower than the top guys (using a wheel).

If you need more help go to gtplanet forums or just search for lap guides on youtube. It's a lot easier to improve nowadays because there are SO many resources available.

Good luck and remember to have fun. It's only a game at the end of the day.

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on May 25 2023, 06:20 PM
hippopotomoose
  Posted: May 27 2023, 04:36 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,046

Thanks @LeGeNd-1. I will try to practice some more while keeping what you said in mind. I love GT7, maybe with a little practice, it'll love me back.