Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Spacelove

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 55,484  ·  Replies: 41 
> IDW Torrents Feedback
Perry
  Posted: Aug 7 2004, 11:45 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Well, here you can talk about the torrents, how you like or dislike them. Any comments and suggestions are welcome. No flames and keep it clean please.

This post has been edited by Perry on Nov 4 2005, 02:47 AM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
DrEVOIII
Posted: Aug 8 2004, 12:05 AM

IDW Hokage & TS Team Ichiban VETERAN

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,928

They are one of the greatest things that have come to IDW yet...
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 09:00 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,098

OK I know a LOT of people have downloaded what I have ripped and made torrents of. Would people tell me what can be done better to help this section. Was there any problems playing the videos or music? Did anyone have problems downloading the torrents? Im sure there are things people also want to see in here, so ask for them in the Torrent Request Topic.
DrEVOIII
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 09:18 PM

if possible...make torrents smaller...use compression or sumthing...if you cant then try to divide the file up so that it could be burnable onto 700MB CDs...becuz some people dont have a DVD burner..and so they are stuck with 1GB+ in their hard drive
Perry
  Posted: Aug 11 2004, 09:23 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

^^ Yes definitely. I don't have a DVD burner. So I don't know what I am going to do with this 1.75GB file. Right now, I only have 6GB left on my harddrive. And it seems I can't keep this file for too long. I will recommend Gordian Knot for ripping DVD in divx codec avi format. The quality is so good. For my computer, it takes 5 ~ 6 hours total to rip a DVD, but if you have a faster computer, I think it'll only take 2 hours max.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Aug 11 2004, 09:25 PM

IDW Goldmember

OK, I will now divide my next releases so you can burn them to CD. Also Gordian Knot wont let you rip the Initial D dvds. I have to use my own program to rip them. With many programs iI have tried there is always some problem like lag, no sound, no subtitles.

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Aug 11 2004, 10:13 PM
Jin
Posted: Aug 22 2004, 07:56 PM

学校の乗組員

Member No.: 1,896

i hope i don't get flamed for this *sigh
i finish the torrent of thrid stage, and i went to check it out

first of all i want to say Takumi Trueno, this was an excellent rip of the dvd...like u promised dvd qualitity

some feedback, juss my point of view
even thought it was an EXCELLENT rip of the dvd, the dvd qualitity itself was not good, like i've notice it is very dark in some parts of the movie
*barely seeing the shifter for Kai* compare it to Suprnova's rip, their dvd was better

anyways i will seed because Takumi Trueno asked me to...seeding for a week, i hope thats good enough for u guys happy.gif
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Aug 22 2004, 08:17 PM

IDW Goldmember

I have check from the original DVD since it was already in my drive and its not that its too dark. Thats the way its supposed to look. You have to remember that this is a movie and not the TV show. If you have noticed when TV shows are brought to the theatre the they change the animation some. Anyways the rip on suprnova they probably changed the birghtness of the video. I kept it the same, I already knew about that it was dark, but thats the style of the Third Stage movie. Anyways ya you wont get flamed, Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it, I know many people download my torrents/rips and I would like to here more of what people think so I can fix anything in the future rips. Again thank you.
Jin
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 06:15 AM

学校の乗組員

*sigh i kinda screen captured both and u can judge
The one below is Suprnova's
user posted image

This one below is Takumi's
user posted image

these were both played on Window Media Player
heh maybe its cuz urs came in a white box, and their's came in a black one!! lol
mehmeh its all good

This post has been edited by phome on Aug 23 2004, 06:19 AM
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 09:27 AM

IDW Goldmember

Ya they deffinitely brightened the picture.
DrEVOIII
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 09:36 AM

Yea, Takumi Trueno's DVD-rips are all authentic.

So its like: IDW authentic Third Stage rip versus Suprnova's who-knows-what-they-did-to-theirs rip. happy.gif
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 09:49 AM

IDW Goldmember

Im watching my ripof Third Stage right now, and im at the part where you took the pictures. All I did was change the brightness of the video on WMP and it looks exactly like the Suprnova rip.
DrEVOIII
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 09:57 AM

Hmm, I think I'm gonna stick with the brightness settings with the rip at default because when suprnova brightened it, dont you guys see that the colors got somewhat duller?

EDIT: And plus!!! Look at how big the screenshots are... Takumi Trueno's is bigger... Doesnt that meant that his video quality is better? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by DrEVOIII on Aug 23 2004, 09:59 AM
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 10:00 AM

IDW Goldmember

Yup thats exactly what happens when you brighten the picture. They brightened it too much so the colors got duller. I dont know what will happen when you try to darken the SN rip but I doubt it will look like the original again. ou can brighten my rip no problem.

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Aug 23 2004, 10:02 AM
Jin
Posted: Aug 23 2004, 01:48 PM

学校の乗組員

ok thanks for the info, juss giving feedback, heh
Heero Maxwell
Posted: Sep 10 2004, 03:54 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,549

EDIT: And plus!!! Look at how big the screenshots are... Takumi Trueno's is bigger... Doesnt that meant that his video quality is better?

Not really, is not all about the size like 640x480, 640x352, you have to see the speed of video too. If you get a video with 640x480 and 200kbps, and a video with 320x240 with 1500kbps, it's possible to the video with 1500kbps look a lot better on full screen than the one with 200kbps. You need to see the codec too. if one is 700MB and encoded with mpeg it will be one thing, but is you get the same movie with 700MB and encoded with xvid or div-x is very possible that the video will much better.
RakeRon
Posted: Sep 10 2004, 08:36 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,887

Best thing to do is experiement a bit. Personally I enjoy the VP3 codec for my video encodes, but unfortunately very few people have heard of it making it somewhat a pain to distribute. But lately that seems to have changed since many codec packs are including it since its the prelude to OggTheora (the sister codec to OggVorbis thats for video).
Baronrana
Posted: Sep 10 2004, 02:57 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 2,450

I'm very gracious of the Torrents. Keep up the good work!
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 10 2004, 03:03 PM

IDW Goldmember

Baronrana  Posted on Sep 10 2004, 03:57 PM
  I'm very gracious of the Torrents. Keep up the good work!

Now thats what we would like to hear more often. Pepople who complain TOO MUCH (Heero Maxwell) will not help in any way. Dont complain people or ANNOY. Just tell what you liked and disliked/what can be done better. BUT dont keep on repeating what you have disliked. One thing that really gets on my nerves is people who KEEP on complaining. One post is enough.

This post has been edited by Takumi Trueno on Sep 10 2004, 03:04 PM
Evolution
Posted: Sep 10 2004, 03:17 PM

Moo!!

Member No.: 657

QUOTE (DrEVOIII @ Aug 23 2004, 01:36 PM)
Yea, Takumi Trueno's DVD-rips are all authentic.

So its like: IDW authentic Third Stage rip versus Suprnova's who-knows-what-they-did-to-theirs rip. happy.gif

Authentic?

You can't really say that. If they have subs they are definately the bootlegs.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Octavious
Posted: Sep 20 2004, 07:26 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 2,071

I was just curious on what the rules are pertaining to Touge or Initial D related PS2 games in the torrent section. I searched the forums for a while but couldn't find anything related. I have Battle Gear 3, Kaido Battle 2, Initial D Special Stage, Wangan Midnight, a few others and I wouldn't mind seeding them. I'm sure alot of ID fans would bust a nut after trying some of these games out after playing our bland genaric racing games in north america. Anyways I just wanted to give a little back to the forum. Let me know if it's alright.

Mike

(EDIT-Spelling blink.gif )

This post has been edited by Octavious on Sep 20 2004, 07:28 PM
Takumi Trueno
Posted: Sep 20 2004, 07:36 PM

IDW Goldmember

Those games do apply to this section since they do have something to do with Initial D. Especially Kaido Battle. It all depends on how many people here want it and if they can even make use of it. Just because you d/l a game doesnt mean you can play it.
expect_everything
Posted: Sep 23 2004, 08:26 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 3,231

Thanks to everybody who put in so much effort for sharing every torrent.
Great work, hope you can keep it up a while.

Burlap_Sack
Posted: Sep 25 2004, 04:31 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 2,849

Hi guys, i'm a first time poster. Thank you guy for being able to seed these files. Dling Dogfight at the moment, but it's slow and i'm on dsl. What should I do? Other than that gripe, I appreciate your work, seeders.

edit : don't worry about it, it's getting faster....

This post has been edited by Burlap_Sack on Sep 25 2004, 04:32 AM
EvilTaxi
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 08:42 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 1,231

Do you guys think that we could implement something like filelist.org where if you fall below a certain u/d ratio then you would have to wait to get files?

It would be an incentive for people to help seed once they've finished downloading.

If everyone would just seed the amount they downloaded, then everything would be fine!

This post has been edited by EvilTaxi on Oct 9 2004, 08:43 AM

2 Pages  1 2