Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing move - Nobody reason ~Noah no Hakobune~

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

75 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 156,419  ·  Replies: 1,871 
> Formula 1
Ben
  Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:09 PM

BENNY

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,375

It has come to my attention that there was no F1 topic in this forum... I feel that this is a clear disgrace...

Lets get the ball rolling, Alonso wins another one, thats 69 Championship points. Reckon Schumacher or Raikkonen can come back to take it?

btw, that discussion in automotive doesn't count. Off topic is where its at.

This post has been edited by Benji on Jul 4 2005, 08:11 PM
Möbius
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:14 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

F1 is supposed to be in automotive to begin with? tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Ben
  Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:15 PM

BENNY

NNOOOO!!! It's not... It's an off topic discussion because i said so...
Lakersfanman33
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,617

Well, im still waiting for Karthikeyan to win one and make us Indians look good. I think Kimi has a chance to come back, but I doubt it.

Automotive.

This post has been edited by Lakersfanman33 on Jul 4 2005, 08:27 PM
Steve
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:30 PM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

.:.Moved.to.Auto.:.

N00b.
Ben
  Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:32 PM

BENNY

DAMMIT!!!! Perry will move it back.. Or even 869..

This post has been edited by Benji on Jul 4 2005, 08:33 PM
Alex
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:35 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Nope 869 will not move it back. 869 thinks it's fine where it is. Maybe we need an Automotive Racing forum to discuss various forms of racing. So for now this best fits in Auto. biggrin.gif
Steve
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 08:36 PM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

QUOTE (Benji @ Jul 4 2005, 11:32 PM)
DAMMIT!!!! Perry will move it back.. Or even 869..

Pwnt.
Ben
  Posted: Jul 4 2005, 11:57 PM

BENNY

...BAH!!!
RisfortypeR
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 12:33 AM

AWD_4TW

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,087

Yeah Renault is doing extremely well this year. Looks like they really want a championship. Ferrari and Honda and getting owned by the new 2005 rules sad.gif Honda's engine woes + owned by FIA officials and Ferrari's bridgestones crapping out on them early...well just crapping out in general.

Raikkonen has time to come up and get McLaren another championship. As long as Renault stays down, I hate Renault cars dry.gif
haspieuw
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 12:42 AM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

Yeah Renault is doing extremely well this year.

very true those new F1 cars are really fast ... or is it just the skills of Alonso ?
but yeah he ahs proven himself to be faster then his teammate

I hate Renault cars

same here , a few years ago werent they at the same level as the Jordans , Hondas and Toyotas ? unsure.gif
Ben
  Posted: Jul 5 2005, 02:24 AM

BENNY

Nah, Renault has pretty much been strong for years and years now, they just didn't have the drivers to match the car prefectly. Alonso is real up and coming talent(i dont believe we've seen the best from him yet) and Fisichella can only continue improving, he'll be a real contender in a couple of years. Alonsos start was excellent, Renaults launches are always the quickest, maybe the other front runners(Ferrari and Mclaren) should look into launching, Renaults always get 1 or 2 spots from the word go.
Mclaren and more specifically Räikkönen will most likely win the 2005 championship, i reckon their car will just get better and better, stability wise. Montoya is a tool. Arrogant moron IMO.
Ferrari... wtf happened... They couldn't have done enough testing and evolution during last summer break. Last year they couldnt be touched, this year they can't win a race unless its by someone elses failure to finish. The Bridgestones are still strong tyres, but obviously they are focusing too much on safety and not enough on performance. They need to make better use of their time. Although they are still contenders for the championship, i doubt ferrari will win constructors or Schumacher will win Drivers... 2nd is a possibilty with only 5 points seperating him from Kimi.
BAR have screwed themselves over... I don't know how and i don't know why.. What have they done wrong???
HaloZ
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 04:48 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,001

kimi > *

McF1 has one of the best lunch controls also. kimi made up 2 spots on the start of the last race, nuff said. they usually distroy everyone other than Renault and Williams in that department.

that is all.

This post has been edited by HaloZ on Jul 5 2005, 04:51 AM
RandRace
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 05:32 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 3,327

same here , a few years ago werent they at the same level as the Jordans , Hondas and Toyotas ?

Uh, a few years ago the Jordans were the Hondas (1998-2002 the Jordans were Honda powered) and Toyota wasn't in the series until '02. The team that is Renault now was called Benetton until 2001 and had driver's championships in 1994 (using Ford/Cosworth engine) and 1995 (Renault power) for Michael Schumacher and a constructor's title in 1995 (Johny Herbert in the #2 car). Renault also ran its own team from 1977-1985 but had little success.

Ever since the team's takeover by Renault in 2001 they have been much more competitive. First with their low CoG 170 degree V10 that made them the handling kings of the circuit and now with equal power to the "big boys" and the best launch software by a long shot.

But for Britain at Silverstone aero rules and the McClarens have the best aero package on the grid. Short of troubles I expect Kimi to bring this one home.
Zilious
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 05:36 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 9,485

huah.... only good thing in Kimi is that he can party like rest of us Finns (though he's not as good as most in the drinking part).. I doubt that Kimi has any chances for come back in this season .. but that's just my opinion.. Mika was better driver than Kimi, maby I'd still watch F1 races if Mika would still race...

// Zil

This post has been edited by Zilious on Jul 5 2005, 05:36 AM
InitialN00b
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 07:43 AM

Squiggly Line Analyst and Driver ass-kicker

Member No.: 3,709

QUOTE (Benji @ Jul 5 2005, 06:24 AM)
Nah, Renault has pretty much been strong for years and years now, they just didn't have the drivers to match the car prefectly. Alonso is real up and coming talent(i dont believe we've seen the best from him yet) and Fisichella can only continue improving, he'll be a real contender in a couple of years. Alonsos start was excellent, Renaults launches are always the quickest, maybe the other front runners(Ferrari and Mclaren) should look into launching, Renaults always get 1 or 2 spots from the word go.
Mclaren and more specifically Räikkönen will most likely win the 2005 championship, i reckon their car will just get better and better, stability wise. Montoya is a tool. Arrogant moron IMO.
Ferrari... wtf happened... They couldn't have done enough testing and evolution during last summer break. Last year they couldnt be touched, this year they can't win a race unless its by someone elses failure to finish. The Bridgestones are still strong tyres, but obviously they are focusing too much on safety and not enough on performance. They need to make better use of their time. Although they are still contenders for the championship, i doubt ferrari will win constructors or Schumacher will win Drivers... 2nd is a possibilty with only 5 points seperating him from Kimi.
BAR have screwed themselves over... I don't know how and i don't know why.. What have they done wrong???

No way in hell are BS tyres as good as Michelins.

BS have ONE team testing for them

Michelin have what, 4 or 5?

That's a HUGE advantage.

I'm surprised Ferrari doesn't test everyday just to get the advantage back.

Also this F2005 is the first car that's NOT designed by Rory Byrne who was basically the chief designer (chassis) of every car that MS won the WDC with.

If you look at the tires at the end of the race, the Renaults and McLarens still have fairly decent rears and pretty good fronts.

The ferraris just have dismal wear rate.

Shows problems in mechanical grip.

Ferrari shot themselves in the foot this year by starting the season w/ the 2004M, and then rushing out the 2005 when it hasn't been fully developed.
Ben
  Posted: Jul 6 2005, 12:34 AM

BENNY

Soon that won't be a problem, as I doubt michellin will stay in F1 much longer...

Technical Regulations - 2008

The FIA has officially revealed details of its plans to reform Formula One's Technical Regulations for the start of the 2008 season in a bid to reduce the costs of competing in the sport, whilst simultaneously attempting to increase competitiveness among teams. The proposed changes have been approved by the World Motor Sport Council and feedback on them is now being sought.

Major proposals include:

A single, control-spec Engine Control Unit (ECU) for all competitors, "manufactured by an FIA designated supplier to an agreed specification." This would make it possible to effectively enforce a ban on driver aids like traction control.

Standard gearboxes fitted with common parts for all cars - with control to be via a driver-operated clutch pedal and gearshift similar to those of a conventional manual-transmission road car.

Revised bodywork to reduce downforce by approximately 90 percent while allowing cars a wider track. This would allow cars to follow each other far closer through corners without the loss of aerodynamic grip and thus would be likely to increase opportunities for drivers to pass each other.

Tyres supplied by a single manufacturer to all teams, the reintroduction of slick tyres and larger wheels - plus a ban on tyre-heating devices.

A "minimum specified" centre-of-gravity for every Formula One chassis and improved impact testing, again to increase competitiveness, but also driver impact protection.

Standard brakes for all competitors to reduce development costs.

Greater control over which materials can be used for the construction of a car's bodywork - similar to changes controlling the use of "exotic" materials in engines that go into place in 2006.

The compulsory installation of a starter motor.

A ban on spare cars, with only spare chassis permitted at events.

A limit on testing to a maximum of 30,000km per team per year.

The right for a team to buy a complete car or any part of a car from another constructor, with "further discussion" over how this would effect the award of Constructors' Championship points.

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!
RisfortypeR
Posted: Jul 6 2005, 01:11 AM

AWD_4TW

Member No.: 6,087

Most of those major proposals are stupid.
Ben
  Posted: Jul 6 2005, 01:49 AM

BENNY

Indeed they are. Although thinking maturely, they will bring more competition to the sport. With all the same parts, eg. Gearbox and Brakes.. They will be on the same level, i just hope FIA develop their brakes as much as the teams would.
DGoReck
Posted: Jul 6 2005, 03:08 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 1,662

Need I remind of the Michelin stunt the other week at the Indy... I'm sorry, that was total BS imho, what they pulled, and what the racers did as well; lining up, and then pulling off last second.
Ben
  Posted: Jul 6 2005, 03:22 AM

BENNY

rofl.. As if that was the teams fault.. Michellen didn't have safe enough tyres... You seem to be laying the blame 100% on the teams and their drivers, the drivers don't control shit over what they do, they have to follow orders or they are gone. Go read up on f1.com and go a couple of pages back in the news and extend your knowledge more than what the news tells you.
Möbius
Posted: Jul 6 2005, 11:38 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Benji @ Jul 6 2005, 07:22 AM)
the drivers don't control shit over what they do, they have to follow orders or they are gone.

Except Schumacher... wink2.gif
Ben
  Posted: Jul 6 2005, 06:49 PM

BENNY

*sigh* No F1 driver has any say over anything, except handling/speed of his car while actually in a Gran Prix. You people just don't understand...
InitialN00b
Posted: Jul 6 2005, 10:29 PM

Squiggly Line Analyst and Driver ass-kicker

Member No.: 3,709

lmao

explain how Rory Byrne AND Ross Brawn both landed in the Scuderia one year after Schumacher got there.

they built the whole damn team around the guy. Having said that however, he knows how to work witht he whole unit and his knowledge is superb.
an2w3r
Posted: Jul 7 2005, 04:30 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,871

damn!! fernando alonso just won by a lap!! i think he's gonna win the driver's championship!!! w00t2.gif

75 Pages  1 2 3 »