Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Cody - Fighting!

Views: 5,337  ·  Replies: 6 
> Fanfic: Race of Infinity The White Eagle 1st Stage, What if there was an American version of Initial D?
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Sep 24 2010, 07:25 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,266

To those of you who had replied on my last topic "Initial D America?" here's my idea of what an American version would be like.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6239084/1/Race...Eagle_1st_Stage

Please read the author's note on it before you start asking questions that have obvious answers. I'm still working on it but I appreciate any replies on this thread or reviews on FanFiction.net if you have an account on there. Sanae has so far told me that he highly praises it and I'm sure he would recommened reading it if any of you guys asked him.

So, see for yourself and please feel free to express your opinion. Oh yeah, the sypnosis:

"Follow Kurt Mitchell and his white 1994 Plymouth Acclaim in his quest to become one of the first of many young drivers to join ACARL, The American College Auto-Racing League."

I just posted the very first official race so enjoy!
Sanae
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 01:16 AM

IDW Okamisan

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,388

I just posted up a review for your latest chapter but I would like to say a few words here too:

Like you said, I would recommend this story, especially to American readers who will definitely be more familiar with the cars, locations and/or language used in the story which, in my opinion, shouldn't really be labelled as an American version of Initial D but, rather, an all-original story telling the tale of a few American youths in their quest to race for the newly established ACARL that happens to include a fair bit of Initial D references (especially in this past chapter) which might appeal fans of the series too.

At least that's how I would market it to potential readers.

At any rate, it's a very good read so, if you guys have time, go and read it!

PS: If you had read any of my author notes and/or lurked around this forums, you would know that I'm very much a SHE not a HE. I wonder if my avi/sig/username combination isn't feminine enough? dry.gif

This post has been edited by Sanae on Sep 25 2010, 01:18 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Sep 25 2010, 09:34 AM

IDW God Member

My bad, Sanae. I forgot you were a girl. Thanks for the review!

One thing I forgot to mention. Some of you might ask why I'm using a very similar storyline. Well, think of it as my version of the old Western movie The Magnificent Seven, which was basically the American version of the Japanese movie Seven Samurai.

This post has been edited by TheWhiteEagle on Sep 25 2010, 11:07 AM
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Oct 2 2010, 06:13 PM

IDW God Member

Chapter 7 is up everyone. The chapter contains more information about ACARL in case you've been wondering what kind of racing in is. Please feel free to post a review on FanFiction.net or a comment on this thread. Much appreciated, thanks!
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Oct 18 2010, 04:45 PM

IDW God Member

Chapter 8 has just been posted. I've gone back on previous chapters and done editing like spelling corrections and such. I've also added SEB song titles and their artists on the races to give it more of a Initial D feel since the story is partly based on it. Enjoy! Any comments or reviews are appreciated!
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Oct 25 2010, 07:08 PM

IDW God Member

Chapter 9 has been posted. Enjoy!
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Nov 11 2010, 05:41 PM

IDW God Member

Chapter 10 hass just been posted. I apologize for the delay. I got a little caught up in something but now I'm back on track. Enjoy!