Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing DJ Cryptomundo Party Hour CM 1

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,013  ·  Replies: 69 
> [FANFIC] The Muscle Drifter, An Initial D FanFic
Airpistol09
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 02:34 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,073

You mean there would be another muscle drifter????

When will you post it? dribble.gif
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 02:35 AM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 39,000

i never said that............i said oneshot, one chapter, David in the GTR and some nut crazy enough to go against him......
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 17 2012, 02:49 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

Come on, make another one....

please.gif
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 02:54 AM

the only way i could make another is if i continued the american race scene, i MAY write in some new races, David's race with Ryosuke after the D battle, and David racing in the GTR against some one, key word here is MAY, i don't know if i will be able to.
Airpistol09
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 02:56 AM

IDW Full Member

We know you can....

bounce.gif bounce.gif
please.gif thanks.gif
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 02:58 AM

just so yall know, the more you push the less likely it becomes that i actually do it..... just the way i've always been, nothing personal.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 17 2012, 03:05 AM

IDW Regular Member

Ok, you win....
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 03:11 AM

Thank you...
i am glad you enjoy my story, and i am (Sort of) Attempting to find a few ways to make it better, that race with Ryosuke has actually been playing through my head a while now.

the GTR race i'm not sure if i can pull off though, not exactly as up to snuff on how those perform.

This post has been edited by shadow55419 on Oct 17 2012, 03:12 AM
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 19 2012, 04:52 AM

IDW Regular Member

I won't post yet the last few chapters of Muscle Drifter, if you have read it on fanfiction, I would say read it again here, there are a couple of things that's been modified for IDW fan's public demand.

Airpistol, David raced the GTR, try reading it again.
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 19 2012, 10:23 AM

or at the very least re-read chapters 14 and 17... thats where the new stuff is.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 20 2012, 08:16 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Man, what was up with that jackass trying to pass himself off as the Torino's owner? Same for those other two jackasses who didn't even know what security cameras are (and what was even the point in smashing up a nice car like that?). Where do all these jackasses even come from? laugh.gif

Anyway, a bunch of great chapters again and a bunch of great race scenes again. Wondering what Project D's mechanics did to raise the 86's horsepower though. 130 MPH for an 86 sounds a little much.
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 20 2012, 08:23 AM

meteor, where i'm from theres a jackass at every intersection, and a few in between so i don't know either tongue.gif

as for the 86 hitting 130, i have seen it done before in what most consider a lesser car, and even now i still think "how did he do that?" so knowing Takumi's luck and his attachment to the 86 i thought what the hey lets do it tongue.gif plus you have to remember they're not in a mountain pass where at best you hit 70 before braking into a drift.

This post has been edited by shadow55419 on Oct 20 2012, 08:24 AM
Airpistol09
Posted: Oct 20 2012, 05:15 PM

IDW Full Member

Nice GTR race, yahooooo.

Those jackasses really are every where, they even showed up on those kinds of races.

HyperSonic, next chapter please.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Oct 20 2012, 07:25 PM

IDW Regular Member

Chapter 18

Akari sold the Z33 after David took its non factory turbo off, and replaced it with the factory header the previous owner kept in its trunk. The price she got for the car fixed the FD's quarter panel and a few other small scratches and the tail lamp as well as the new paint job. Project D and guests returned to Japan a week after the FD was fixed up and Ryosuke racing David one last time and for the third time the two men tied.

Three months after the tournament of counties David and Emily walked through the doors of Narita Airport looking for Mr. Yokama's grabber orange1970 Mustang in the short stay parking lot. The two drove into Shibukawa straight to the Tofu shop where Bunta and Takumi Fujiwara were waiting. Emily then drove to Natsuki's house after leaving David with the two men.

"We came straight from the airport, so how long do we have before the wedding?" David asked walking through the kitchen area into the main living space.

"A couple days yet, I hope you brought your tux with you," Takumi said with a chuckle.

At Natsuki's home Emily and Akari were admiring Kyoko's engagement ring that a certain spiky haired, bleach blonde had given her, and getting Natsuki calmed down enough to eat something.

"Natsuki, come on Emily just got back to Japan, at least sit and eat with us," Akari pleaded as she took the phone out of the bride's hand.

"But we only have two days left and my dress hasn't come in yet and the bakery hasn't confirmed my order yet…" Natsuki said before Akari semi forcefully sat her down at the table and put a plate of food down in front of her.

"Eat, I'll take care of the details sweetie," Akari said in her 'no arguing' tone as she walked out of the room dialing the number for the bakery.

Two days after the chaos of David coming back to Japan with his wife and things getting straightened out with the caterers and bakery with Akari's help, Takumi stood in front of a church full of people wearing a black tuxedo, and a white tie. David and Keisuke stood next to him as the grooms men while Itsuki stood as best man all three wearing black tuxedos with white ties.

Natsuki came down the aisle on her father's arm wearing a beautiful empire cut dress with quarter lace sleeves, and a neck line that showed off a reasonable amount of cleavage. The dress also had a design embroidered in the bodice that went up both shoulder pieces.

When her father gave her away he went to his seat as Takumi and Natsuki took the three short steps towards the minister. The minister began with a short prayer and then started the official ceremony completely in Japanese.

"Ladies and Gentlemen we are gathered here today to join, Natsuki Mogi and Takumi Fujiwara in the bonds of holy matrimony until the end of time," he said with a smile looking towards Takumi and Natsuki, "These two have decided to forgo writing their own vows, so we'll get to the ceremony."

"Natsuki, do you take Takumi Fujiwara to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer?"

"I do," the brown haired girl replied with a smile from ear to ear when she slipped the ring on Takumi's finger.

"Takumi, do you take Natsuki Mogi to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer?"

"I do," Takumi said with the same grin as he too slipped the gold wedding band onto Natsuki's ring finger.

The couple was announced as they walked back down the aisle to the waiting 86 and the two FD's belonging to Akari, the maid of honor, and Kyoko Iwase.

After the rest of the wedding party filed out the three cars took off with David in his former bosses 1970 Mustang, and Itsuki's turbo 85 close behind. They drove all the way to the hotels at the top of Mt. Akina for the reception.

Once they were out of the cars the wedding party went about discussing different techniques that they had been working on since David and Emily left. Takumi even brought up replacing the 86 for something with more power since he was driving in a GT300 car already.

During the reception everything went as planned, even the bride and groom's first dance. After the formalities were handled, David met up with Project D at Akagi.

"So Ryosuke what's going to happen now?" David asked leaning on the grabber orange Mustang.

"I have a position teaching at Todo Juke, they seemed more than happy to have me on the team after Project D beat them twice," The brown haired man replied with a slight chuckle.

"Keisuke and I are getting married in a week, so if you can stay that would be nice," Kyoko said getting a happy nod from both David and Emily.

David walked away from the group after motioning Ryosuke to follow him. When the two men were standing out of ear shot they stopped and stood facing one another for a short time.

"One race down Akagi, for old time's sake?" David asked with a chuckle.

"Maybe, once you get the real reason you asked me over here out in the open," the slightly taller man said with half a smirk.

"What got you so happy before you boys came over to America with me?"

"Just my cousin Tsugumi, she had to practically shove me out the door to go over there, and the fact that she wants to step into navigating from the passenger seat."

"No way, has to be a girlfriend, I've never seen you laugh before."

"Tsugumi is the only girl right now, and I'm her tutor," Ryosuke replied sounding more serious than before.

"Alright, let's just race so we don't kill each other here in the parking lot," the blonde said before walking back towards the Mustang.

Everyone was staring at the 86 where neither Takumi nor Natsuki had gotten out of since the group arrived at the summit. David gave Emily a knowing look and a sly grin when he noticed the windows of the little car were fogged over just a little. David motioned for the group to move in closer to him, and he explained just a small prank since the 86 was behind the other four cars.

Once everyone was in place David gave the signal, and all four cars started up at once with a very loud roar. The 86 practically jumped back an inch when its occupants herd the noise. Keisuke fell on the ground laughing as the other drivers climbed out of the cars with smirks plastered on their faces, Ryosuke included.

A week later David and Emily attended Kyoko and Keisuke's wedding the day before returning to the states. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception, but David and Emily had to get to the airport to catch their flight and were unable to stay as long as they wanted.

Two months later they received an email from Akari that detailed everything that had been going on in the two months since the two weddings.

Hey David and Emily,

I hate that I don't get to write as much as I used to but I have a job with Ryosuke at the Todo Juke racing school, it appears that I'm just at good at teaching as I am driving these things, The FD had an over haul about a week ago, it's now pretty much a blue version of Keisuke's.

Speaking of Keisuke and Kyoko, they just found out that they're going to have a child come autumn, they're both very excited about it, and are out getting the car ready for the racing season which starts in a couple of weeks.

Takumi and Natsuki are still driving around in the 86 most of the time he's out of the GT300 car. His season started in the middle of last month, he's already had two podium finishes and a win so he's still got the famous Fujiwara luck.

Ryosuke still drives his FC down Akagi every once upon a time so I guess things are going smoothly hope we hear from you soon.

Akari

P.S. I'll be in your area for a few days at the end of next month for something the Todo Juke proposed we try, so I'll come see you.

David wrote a reply detailing that they also had just found out Emily was pregnant, and that the Torino had finally been painted in its original color, grabber blue and that the Chevelle won a few awards in a couple of local shows. He also included that he still had the GT-R that he had won off the two guys that beat up Akari's FD and that he had a new garage built to store all of his cars while Emily's S15 and Mercedes sedan stayed in the houses original two car garage.
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 07:54 PM

here it is folks, Hypersonic I thank you for posting the rest of my story, and all those who read and enjoyed it. but this is the final chapter of The Muscle Drifter.

Chapter 19

Two years had gone by since Emily and David had gone to Japan, the Timber Wolves were still the most prominent team in Gaston County, North Carolina taking home two more overall wins in the tournament of counties in those two years. The pair was heading to Japan with their nearly two year old daughter named Akari sitting between them.

When they arrived at the airport Takumi and Natsuki were waiting for them outside Narita Airport, and Takumi had a one and a half year old boy in his arms.

"So this little cutie must be Akari," Natsuki said after all the hugs, handshakes and such were done.

Akari was very shy, and she didn't speak any language but English so this made things interesting when going out of country.

"Akari say hello sweetie," Emily encouraged as the small blonde girl stood quietly between her and her father.

"Hello," the girl said quietly before slipping in behind her father's leg.

"So this must be little Suko," David said taking hold of the small child, and carrying him to the car seat in the GC8 that still belonged to Bunta Fujiwara, "Have you two not gotten a new car yet?"

"He's still looking," Natsuki said with a grin.

"It's not easy finding a car that would replace the car you grew up as a driver in," Emily said coming to Takumi's aid, "I wouldn't let you replace my S15."

David went off to find the car his former boss had once again left for him to use, when he found the 1970 grabber orange Mustang Boss 429 it was resting peacefully between two full size SUVs. Like a professional David maneuvered the large machine out of its space and began driving towards the spaces where Emily and the others were waiting. He didn't even take notice of the note on the dash board until he got to his wife and friends.

Come see me this time, I have important news for you about this car.

Mrs. Yokama.

'Wonder why she wrote the note,' David thought as he climbed out of the car holding the note.

"Takumi, I need to go over to Maebashi for a while, can we meet you out at Akagi?" David asked knowing he would just do it anyway.

"Sure, I'll tell Ryosuke to go ahead and work the rest of the day instead of getting off early," the black haired man said without questioning why.

Emily and Akari climbed into the well maintained vehicle as the blue Impreza drove out of the area. David headed straight to his Japanese boss' home. When they arrived Mrs. Yokama met them at the garage door, she had been crying.

"He wanted you to have that car, he knew you would take fantastic care of it just as he did," she said between staggered breaths as she handed him the Japanese title for the mustang signed and ready to be transferred to a new owner's name.

They spent several hours consoling the older woman as she explained what had happened to David's favorite boss. The man had suffered a severe heart attack on his way home, it was no one's fault and no one could have stopped it. Apparently it was one of those one in a million things that had just happened to hit Mr. Yokama this time.

When David and Emily finally arrived at Akagi's mountain pass it was nearly dark, and the Mustang was already legally theirs in Japan and arrangements to have it taken back to America had been made. They spotted Akari's blue FD, and Ryosuke's white FC, the blue GC8 and a car David assumed was Kyoko and Keisuke's family mover since Keisuke's yellow FD was parked next to the sedan.

"Keisuke, who is this pretty young lady?" David asked offering a hand to the small brown haired girl holding the still spiky haired bleach blonde's pant leg.

"Go and say hello Tsugumi," Kyoko said as the small version of herself tried to hide behind her father.

"Just like our little Akari, shy to the last second," Emily chuckled since the very young blonde was hanging onto her father's pant leg.

Once all the children were introduced the adults of the group began talking about the situation with the Mustang and who all was supposedly going to be at this little get together of theirs.

"So all of Project D is here, where are Itsuki, Iketani and Kenji, they were supposed to be here weren't they?" David asked as he watched Fumihiro, Matsumoto and Tomiguchi pull into the parking area.

"Itsuki and Iketani got stuck working, and Kenji had a date or something," Takumi said with his usual blank tone.

The members of Project D and the Akagi Timber Wolves and their children just hung around the parking area and talked about, what were rapidly becoming the good ole days. David and Ryosuke raced one last time and again came up a draw at the line.

"So why can't you beat him Ryosuke?" Fumihiro asked as the two men arrived back at the top.

"We wouldn't tell you if either of us won anyway so why does that matter?" David asked before he and Ryosuke began laughing together.

Fin.

This post has been edited by shadow55419 on Feb 11 2013, 07:39 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 08:20 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

OH SON! Or daughter in this case. A short end to an amazing story. I loved it all the way though, HyperSonic is right. I could probably reread this story a few times if my busy schedule would allow me, I'd read it all in one sitting! I hope you continue to write such amazing stuff! Thank you so much for sharing Shadow55419 and HyperSonic! happy.gif
Airpistol09
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 11:45 PM

IDW Full Member

A good way to end a very good story. If you would have time or you feel like doing another David appearance, we would really appreciate it.
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 11:58 PM

for all conserned,

i am working on a second Initial D fan fiction, David will not be making an appearence unless i deem its appropriate to bring him back for a small cameo roll.

i realize he's a fantastic character but it would be too difficult to do a second David based fic, unless someone has a good way to do it i'm sorry but it won't happen.

but i would love to hear what you think of the fic, so please tell me or review chapter by chapter here http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7950714/1/The-Muscle-Drifter

This post has been edited by shadow55419 on Nov 19 2012, 11:56 AM
Tuskano
Posted: Jan 1 2013, 10:50 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

Wow... so 2 weeks ago I finally got to reading the rest of this. Due to work, and me being lazy, and more work... I have been putting off my little review for this for too long. Along with me being active on these forums. I don't think I had said much in my first post other then me really liking it and looking forward to the rest. I am also terrible at reviews and never been one to start correcting on how it is written. Because everyone is different in their styles.

Having Project D put into interesting situations that you don't normally see has always spiked my interest. Whether it be them going to America, or facing new drivers. Even more so when I see Bunta doing things. When I got to the part about him in America, I was like "Things are about to get real". He is a very good character to read about and Muscle Drifter portraied him just like I imagine him to be. I would like to also say that all the other characters are portraied just as much.

Another was how real it felt when I got to the part of their futures. The first thing is maybe that they all matured so fast and there are couples popping up everywhere (well... not everywhere. But it felt like it. Kinda like how movies are where after the credits and you see all the characters older with kids and palling around still). But I could easily picture it all.

It might be that they are such good drivers, but I was surprised not to read about them adapting to the different road rules and going straight to racing. But another was with how much modifications performed on their cars, I would gather that there must have been a mountain of paperwork to sign. Maybe other mods/tweaks to make them more complying to US safety rules. But as they were all done under the table, then that was not as much as an issue.

Thank you again for writing this Shadow, I am sure you had enjoyed writing it as much as when we had read it. I don't write alot, but I know how hard it is when deciding what will happen next during the plotline. So writing something of this magnitute is a great achievment (in my eyes) by itself.
HyperSonic
  Posted: Jan 3 2013, 03:16 AM

IDW Regular Member

SPOILER
facepalm.gif facepalm.gif w00t2.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3